Titus Racer-X XC Full Suspension

The Racer-X is a Pro-Level Race bike that every rider can enjoy. It is the lightest, fastest, most efficient full suspension bike ever made! For 2004 the Racer-X continues to set the benchmark for all other suspension bikes to follow.

Troy Fretwell   [Oct 18, 2012]
Strength:

quick handling, light, climbs well, very good quality

it is for xc only. Not much good on freeride trails.

I have been riding a racer x frame since 2007.
I would say that it is ideal for the epic XC trails in and around the Park City area.
It climbs without any bobbing, corners like its on rails, and eats up the small to mid sized bumps that are typical in the Utah mountains.
Build quality is flawless.
The rx is definitely a cross country bike though. It can't hang/bottoms out on the free ride trails.

RetroKlein   Racer [May 10, 2012]
Strength:

Climbs and handles amazingly well.
Rp23 fits this bike perfectly
Value

Weight

I bought this RX1 '08 frame as NOS in January of '12. It was to be my new backup ride. I couldnt find much info on it, but pulled the trigger after reading several positive reviews. I built it up with XT/XTR and lots of close out goodies.
I was blown away on my first ride. The rear suspension has no obvious squish or bobbing, it just worked! I wouldn't even know I was on a full squish if I didn't look down at the linkage moving back and forth. The bike climbs like a goat and handles quick and agile. If I had purchased this frame before my '12 Trek Superfly Carbon 100 I could have saved myself thousands. I'll pick this bike over my others for any high climbing xc course. This isn't a Cush big hit bike. It's an efficient 100mm xc razor.
The only drawback is its weight. 6.5lbs for the frame is a bit porky, but I can live with that.

Similar Products Used: '12 Trek Superfly 100 carbon elite
'97 Klein Mantra
'95 Klein Adroit 1x8
francisco. galindez   Weekend Warrior [May 03, 2011]

I bought a titus racer x Ti frame (3600$)at BH SPORT in SPAIN in December of 2006, after using my bike during these years, I have discovered a crack of about 1.1” near the head tube.

I took the frame last June 2010 to BH SPORT and they told me that they would deal this matter with TITUS dealer in France.

In October BH told me that Titus will replace the front titaniun frame and repare the rear carbon part(MANUFACTURING FAULT), in January BH said that titus disapeared and On-One will repare the frame for 100 Us$.

After three months of no news I tried to contact BH Sport last week ( I left a message but no news until now)

-I do not know where my frame is.

-I don't know if someone will repare it.

-I don't know if I will recover it.

delphinide   Weekend Warrior [Feb 12, 2011]
Strength:

Quality build, excellent geometry, well designed cross country setup, easy to maintain

limited to XC and very specific fork/shock dimensions, lots of moving parts to upkeep (bushings, bearings)

I have been riding the Racer X frameset for about 10 years. I have had three different frames, including the Ti, and changed them as my riding style, weight, and finances evolved. I have ridden the Racer X on many of the best trails in the country: Moab, Grand Junction/Fruita, Tsali, Womble/Syllamo, Oak Mtn, Santos, Alafia...and it has performed very well in all of these. Keen in mind you will probably blow a gasket if you huck off anything more than 3-4 feet, but it is a rocket on flowing, twisty, singletrack and climbs like a goat. I had a full XTR set on it about five years ago and it was about 23 pounds. It rides best climbing uphill over roots/death cookies or through serpentous treks (like Tsali) but can definitely handle more technical routes. Very pleased with this bike, and as long as you keep it light, your friends will have trouble keeping up with you. I am currently riding a 2004 frameset, and for 7 years old, it rides like a dream.

Similar Products Used: Trek Remedy, Canonndale SuperV 900
woodthegreat   Cross Country Rider [Sep 03, 2010]
Strength:

Handling, Durable [flown head over heels off a mountain, down a hill, and off a separate mountain with no more than a scratched "Titus" sticker, Looks great, Not a major brand [plus for me].

Not the lightest, but mine is an aluminum frame with the cheaper components.

I have no regrets buying this bike and am glad I did. I will keep this frame forever and just upgrade the components. My build is the lowest end budget build available and I am still stoked. I can blow away some people on WAY more expensive bikes than mine, both up and down the hills.

I never thought I'd be able to afford a new Titus Racer X so when this bad boy popped up on chainlove I jumped on it. One of the best decisions I made. The guys at Titus seem pretty cool as well. I was visiting Tempe and stopped in to buy a jersey, they hooked it up with a tour and some small extras plus a jersey that's not even out yet! Nice company. I will likely always ride Titus now.

Buy the Racer X if you want a great cross country bike that not many other people will have. This is not a downhill 7" travel bruiser. It is a surgeons scalpel.

Cheers!

Similar Products Used: This is my first non Wal-Mart bike... No comparison.
NMPhi767   Weekend Warrior [Feb 07, 2010]
Strength:

Fast, climbs ridiculously well, descends well on technical XC descents, stiff frame, corners like its on rails.

Don't be stupid.

This bike countersteers like a Ducatti. I love to shove the inside handlebar into a tight corner which makes the rear end drift nicely and this bike shoots you right on through with little loss of momentum. Climbing is top notch. This bike is a killer on fast XC courses and can hold its own on more technical trails.

Similar Products Used: Kona Four (Pedals like crap compared to the Titus)
andyggg   Cross Country Rider [Oct 28, 2009]
Strength:

Light, responsive, strong, fast.

Extremely happy with my choice to go with the racer x. It weighs in at around 24 pounds. This is my first year racing and my first full suspension bike. This bike has built my confidence on descents and technical riding. This thing climbs incredibly also. I was a little skeptical about purchasing a cross country bike for the rough and technical riding that New England is known for but the racer x handles it great and is ridiculously fast on more typical smooth cross country terrain. Rear derailler hanger replacement was a bit expensive. I highly recommend this speed machine!

Similar Products Used: also looked at buying a Yeti ASR, Santa Cruz Superlight and a Turner.
zuter8   Cross Country Rider [Sep 08, 2009]
Strength:

Super strong frame. Reasonable weight at 5 pounds. Suspension doesn't bob at all unless you mash the pedals like a mad man. Incredibly stiff rear triangle. Titanium hardware.

It draws a crowd!

I got this bike because one of the Mountain Bike Action magazine chose it as their personal race bike a few years ago so I figured it must be an awesome ride..and I was NOT disappointed. I raced my old Giant XtC in a race on a sunday, then picked up my frame on the next Thursday, built it up with parts from my XtC on Friday, rode it for the first time on Saturday, and won my next race that Sunday. Wow this is the most fun and fast bike I've ridden in a long time. I notice its a little tougher to climb with because its a little heavier than my hardtail but it makes up for it everywhere else. I can fly through crazy singletrack with ease and easily keep up with guys on 6" AM bikes on the downhills. If you want a light bike that climbs and descends with authority this is one sweet ride.

Similar Products Used: Jamis Dakar XCT, Rocky Mountain ETSX, My previous bike was a Giant XtC hardtail.
Eddie   Weekend Warrior [Sep 07, 2009]
Strength:

Handling,Climbing,Everything...

Pricey,but you get excellent performance

I had been out of mtb'ing for awhile.I bought a 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper Fsr Expert but the fit was not right but still a nice bike.Store was having a sale and got a decent deal and excellent customer service.Thomson stem and post are on order as well as an Easton Monkeylite handlebar.Also looking at King disc wheelsets.The bottom line::I am an older rider so I wanted a fullie for the comfort side as well.It eats up tight singletrak even in a size large.Also an excellent climber.This goes without saying but Titus still rocks in customer service.Spoke to Jason and Mark and they treated me as I had known them for years...