Titus Racer X Womens XC Full Suspension

Titus Racer X Womens XC Full Suspension

When it comes to cross-county, long distance, and any type of performance oriented off road riding, the Racer-X is the bike to have. Tapered, hydro-formed tubes feature increased tire clearance, improved stiffness and even lighter weight. Combined with the increased stiffness, weight savings and laser etched graphics standard. Lighter, faster with looks that kill just standing still.

[Oct 01, 2006]
Wendy Wagner

Strength:

I have a Small Racer X with the 80mm fork. It's wonderful. The first time I rode it I was amazed. It's lighter and much - much - more responsive than my bikes of the past. Agressive on the downhills. Climbs great and easy to lock the front shock (even while racing). Rear geometery is fluid and I don't feel like I loose power climbing through the back end. Bike stays on the ground and doesn't bounce around, great control. This bike has taken minutes off my cross country times!

Costly for most of us.

Basically this bike inspires fast and hard riding. I absolutely love it! I feel it is worth the money because it gets you fired up to ride, and that is priceless...

'02 Gary Fischer Sugar 2.

[Sep 16, 2006]
eva pinotti

Strength:

I own a small racer X. I am fairly short and it fits me great. I am able to do increasingly more technical stuff on this bike compared to my previous steed, a specialzied M4. The control going down rocky stuff is fantastic. I also love who the bike is so nimble on twisty sigletrack .
It also climbs extremly well..flying up the steeps compared to my old bike. Can't say enough about this bike it is truely a pleasure. Mine is baby blue and I have avid juicy 7 disk brakes. I have a pink chris king headset and pink chris king hubs too. Tres chic.

None at all except for the price
This isnt a product weakness but the Titus company shortcoming...they do not answer emails. Oh well. :)

If you can afford it BUY IT.

Specialed M4, Shwinn Moab hartail

[Jul 22, 2006]
Toni Geer

Strength:

This bike is actually sized for women. As the frame gets smaller the geometry changes appropriately. There is a different design for 80mm & 100mm forks. The front/back balance is perfect. This is a very light, fast, snappy bike. It hugs the ground very well.

There are no real weaknesses at all! Not the fault of Titus; but on the XS womens bike you cannot get a waterbottle in the single cage - even with a side mount cage. I'm back to camelbacks.

This is the best mountain bike I have ever ridden. It fit perfectly. For a small women, the geometry with an 80mm fork is great. I am not too far off the ground. I can climb things I never did before. The Racer X cuts 3 pounds off of my previous bike. It turns very quickly. No shimmy on high speed downhills.

Anyone would be thrilled to race this bike, though it is perfectly happy just cruising the trails.

Specialized FSR (poor geometry for a small women & very springy rear shock, heavy)

[Jan 01, 2008]
Dina Pang

Strength:

Other than going for a custom build. I bought this XXS titus racer X frame. Hey, I'm 4'10" with a 26" standover and no one makes frames for lil peeps like me. This bike is extremely responsive.

There are none.

This bike rocks and rides like a dream. Titus is a pricey but hey if you're little like me you really have no choice in the matter. I had a 99 Titus Racer X before and if it hadn't gotten solden I would still be riding it. I absolutely love the Titus Racer X geometry and the shocks are so plush. So the price is worth is for me. I bought the frame from a local bike store and the X.9 build kit from price point. I plan on making several upgrades over the next few months and will post another update.

99 Titus Racer X XTR build out