Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Womens XC Full Suspension

• Chain: SRAM PC-951
  • Crankset: Shimano M-760 XT Hollowtech II
  • Pedals: Shimano M-520 SPD

Michelle Gregory   [Jun 20, 2007]
Strength:

Due to major back surgery 4 years ago, I needed to find a full suspension bike with an upright geometry to take the stress off my low back. I demo'd this bike at a local bike shop and fell in love with it. After I found out the price, I decided to find a less expensive bike. In the end, I went with the Stumpjumper because of all the other bikes I tried, this one topped them all. I love the brain fade, I have not noticed any pedal bob when climbing. I use flat pedals when I ride, so I swapped out the clipless for my Azonics. This bike handles like a dream. It takes the bumps and holds the lines. I love the Sram shifters....I raced my first XC race on June 17th and the bike handled like a dream. Tons of climbing and some nasty rocky decents...it took them all with ease. LOL, now I just need to be able to ride what it can take!

Personally, I do not like the color scheme. I even contacted Specialized to see if I could have the frame swapped out for the black and pink frame. No luck. The saddle is not as comfortable as I had hoped and I will probably end up switching to something with just a bit more padding.

I love this bike. In the end it came down to either the Giant Trance Womens or the Stumpjumper. With the component and shock set up, I just couldn't say no to the Stumpjumper.
The only reason I gave it four chilis is due to the color....the men's version comes in a great red or silver/grey....

If you are looking for a great all around full suspension bike for those long climbs and fun decents, this bike is for you! I'll be racing mountain bike short track on it.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale women's jekyl, Cannondale Super V.
OVERALL
Susan Amon   [May 09, 2007]
Strength:

True womens frame geometry. Very adaptable to different types of riding from cross country to downhill. The the SRAM shifters. Will never go back to shimano at this point.

When I have the Fox Talas set at 140 the front end gets "floppy". I have to be careful if climbing in this position. Should have come with a carbon bar.

This a great bike if you are riding in lots of different conditions and do different types of rides. I have a mountain bike touring company in Sedona Arizona and it has turned out to be a great bike for the job!