Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon Rim XC Full Suspension

• Specialized FACT carbon flat bar
  • SRAM X.O trigger shifters
  • DT Swiss XR1540 Wheels

Joel   Cross Country Rider [Dec 16, 2006]
Strength:

Supernaturally fast and stiff (Fox techno) for a full susser. Impeccable handling characteristics and good bump absorption for a 100mm travel bike. Very, very light; and I need a large frame.

Less-than-ideal Specialized Rival saddle; flat bar and 0-degree stem are too ball-bustingly aggressive for this middle-aged XC rider, though satisfactory for the dedicated XC racer, who is into Yoga and thrice-weekly massages from A big-handed Swede named Heidi. Frameset not American-made, damnit. (I am an old Cannondale man.) Bike can get sketchy when you overpower up a short technical section, but settles down if you touch the rear brake while pedaling.

The fastest bike I have ever had the privilege to ride. (Much faster than I am!)

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Rush Team Replica
OVERALL
Harley Mendes   Racer [Sep 21, 2006]
Strength:

Absorvs bumps like no other bike I ever tried. Doesn´t miss a turn, climbs very well. Confortable when you are tired or on an epic ride and may be seated.

Price. Front deilleur very close to the bottom link

Despite de genesis geometry of the Sugar race and the weight of the NRS Air, this is the bike to race. No bob noted. Forginving on descents, even when I made little mistakes. No back pain (I won´t be young forever, neither will my column).
I race every time I can, in cross country races, 12hrs and intercity races. Sometime I go for an epic ride (2 or 3 days) and this machine fits it all.

If you can afford it, you won't regret.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Marathon, Giant NRS Air, Gary Fisher Sugar Race, Specialized S-Works M5 (hard tail)
OVERALL