Specialized S-Works Epic Carbon Frame XC Full Suspension

• Rear Shock: Specialized Fox Brain Fade adjust shock
  • Headset: 1 1/8" threadless
  • Seat Binder: 34.9mm clamp

Craig Nadler   Cross Country Rider [Jun 14, 2006]
Strength:

Rides like hardtail but first bump turns it into double suspension. Amazingly light but also amazingly strong. Climbs like a bobcat, fantastic geometry, corners like a cat with claws.

Price and lack of good instructions for setting brain fade. Must use trial and error.

This bike, from my perspective is the ultimate. I loved my NRS Air and though the Epic carbon is slightly heavier (with my components it weighs in on a scale at 11 kg in large frame) it climbs much better, tracks better, holds turns better and allows me to utilize all the power I have.

The NRS air was incredible but there was slight bob. With the Epic Carbon there is absolutely no bobbing and thus your peddling is completely efficient. I am not a competive rider but I do lots of difficult trails with challenging climbs. This baby has made me into a much better climber and rider in general.

If you have the money you will not regret making the effort to buy this bike. It is very expensive but you definitely get your money's worth. The highest recommendation!

Similar Products Used: Giant NRS Air (carbon), NRS 2, Haro Extreme 2
OVERALL
dude man   Cross Country Rider [Mar 06, 2008]
Strength:

light, fast. brain shock works

brain shock works

This thing rocks as a SS. I lost most of my sight about 2 years ago and needed Rear suspension to take the hits I did not see, but I am a XC rider at heart and like to climb. This bike pedals great and descends like a trail bike. The 120mm fork slackens the front about 1 degree and increases the stability a great deal. I tried a 100mm fork first and it was quite squarrely as a race bike should be. But again, I needed stability. I loved riding my SS hardtail but I would not go back, even if I had good vision, after I built this thing up. If you like to climb as much as go like to go down this is a great bike.