Specialized FSRxc Comp XC Full Suspension

Specialized FSRxc Comp XC Full Suspension

• Improved suspension performance
  • Lighter Manitou Splice Elite fork
  • Better stopping power and modulation
  • Lighter Adrenaline 2.0 tires with aramid bead

[May 18, 2013]
LeRiethmiller
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

shifts smoothly, brakes work well, front shock.

Weight, rear shock.

I bought this bike off a local seller and could not be much happier. I wanted to get back into mountain biking and the FSRxc comp does what I need. It's been to Fruita, Post Canyon, and Mount Hood in the last three weeks and has held up quite nicely minus the rear derailleur. I had that replaced this week, it was going and needed it. It rides very smoothly in everything I've thrown at it. Climbs well and ripping the descent is a blast.

[Jun 15, 2011]
MArtinGC

Strength:

goes downhil just excellent, easy in uphill, looks great..! I love it, its my second bike, but now # 1

seat tube is short

I was just a Roky with my previeus bike, a hard tail, but just whit these, can take several technique trails, its confortable and ride all day (8 hours), and sill want more. Remember the name is XC, not ALL Mountain or Enduro...

Alubike, Norco Scrambler

[Sep 14, 2010]
Jason Ross

Strength:

Bike is real sturdy and takes punishment well. Climbs like a champ. Shifting is fluid and automatic. Great components.

Front shock is substandard to rear. Freewheel rusted out in 3 months. Just a bit heavier than I wanted.

I am rather new to the trails and recently purchased this bike to upgrade my experience from riding a Giant Yukon. Let's just say I now try to get out to the trail a couple of more times a week now since I have this bike. It's great for someone at my level who enjoys casual runs on singletrack.

[Aug 21, 2010]
Joshua

Strength:

Bought the bike 3 days ago. Had my first ride on this beast yesterday. It took everything on the trail like it was childs play. I was doing very stumpy, steep up hills like I was rolling a bowling ball over them. The Juicy breaking system stops on a dime. Tough bike for tough riding. The Rock Shocks(front) and rear suspension X Fusion takes all the pain away once set to the right pressure for the rider. Shifting is smooth like butter. Light enough for catching some serious air and serious speed. Handels great on twisty trails as well. Easy to manuver through anything in your way.

NOt a dang thing.

I told my wife to move over because this bike is my new girlfriend. I love her. It is by far for the money the best bike your gonna get. Takes everything like a champ on extream trail and mountain riding. Very fun to ride and its super cool looking as well. Just make sure you get the sag in the rear suspension set for your weight and riding style. If you have been debating the debate is over go get it and be happy.

Nothing like it....

[Jun 17, 2010]
danjocash

Strength:

Everything...brakes, shifters, frame, shocks.

None so far. The Avid Juicy 3's are a little hard to adjust.

I'm in love with this bike. I was worried when I got this bike that it was too big a step up for me, but I've found that the geometry is very forgiving without holding you back from progressing.

CLIMBING - the rapid-fire shifters allow you to dial in the perfect gear ratio and power away when the climb ends. I'm a big guy so I thought that I may bounce around a lot when I stand to pedal uphill, but I don't even notice. This thing climbs like a goat.

DOWNHILL - Perhaps the thing I was most excited about when I got my first full suspension bike. The FSR XC screams down hills and soaks up all the bumps. The geometry allows you to ride comfortably off the back of the seat. The Juicy 3's can bring you to a dead stop no matter how steep the descent. The rear shock adjusts at the flip of a switch, which you can reach while riding, so you can crank up the rebound for the roots and rocks.

TECHNICAL RIDING - Once I got used to the suspension, I was much more comfortable riding the obstacles (catwalks and skinnies or whatever the heck you want to call them). The handle bars are wide enough to give you a good amount of control, but they're narrow enough for slaloming through tree lined single track. Again, being able to reach down and adjust the rebound on your rear shock is sweet. I feel very comfortable throwing the bike around, Specialized did a phenomenal job dialing in the geometry.

SO BOTTOM LINE? - I think this is a good bike for any level of XC rider. More advanced riders could opt for the Pro for better components. The price of this beauty is reasonable enough that even a beginner would be happy. I would recommend this bike for absolutely everyone looking to attack the single track.

My last bike was an '85 Schwinn Sierra (who needs shocks? oh wait...me!)

[Mar 19, 2010]
Libertas88

Strength:

Light, smooth, responsive, Climbs great, descends like a champ.

none so far.

This bike is fantastic. Once you get the rear shock dialed in, set up the sag correctly, there is little to no pedal bob at all. Very very responsive, very light. This bike climbs almost as good as my hardtail. The key is to stay in the saddle on the climbs, and it just motors right up. It bombs down hill. Its a xc bike, so plenty of travel in my opinion. This is great bike, but you just have to remember its not an all mountain or freeride. This bike is fast, and it just begs to be ridden that way,carves out the trail. So if your looking for budget friendly bike to ride some fast singletrack, or race with, dont hesitate.

Specialized Enduro

[Mar 04, 2010]
mclaren880

Strength:

Disc Brakes are great, shifting is great.

Not meant for a larger person.

I should first mention that i am new to mountain biking, so keep that in mind. I'm 6'6", and about 230 lbs, so this bike was possibly going to be too small for me, i knew this from the get go. I started out on a cheat Specialzed Hard Tail (i bought it used for $200), no disc brakes, and bottom of the line components. After that bike, this thing was incredible.

I wanted to get a 29er full suspension, but they started at more than i was looking to pay. So, i got this bike. If i was about 6 inches shorter, and 50 lbs lighter, this would have been a keeper. Unfortunately, at my size, it really gave the bike problems. If i was riding really fast and i hit the front brakes hard, the whole front end would shake. I had it tuned up 3 times by the bike shop i bought it at, and eventually i returned it and got a Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er.

I had the 2009 FSR, and supposedly the shock in that one is SLIGHTLY stronger than the 2010. Again, great bike, if you aren't a larger person. I also should point out that i wasn't doing anything crazy to cause these problems, just riding around my neighborhood.

[Feb 02, 2010]
PD2000

Strength:

it's the '08 model. avid juicy brakes are awesome. downhill control is nice, wide handlebars keep it super stable. climbing in the saddle is good. lockout both shocks for short stints on the road. the frame looks sweet too. the "captain" tires didn't look that great but they work good until winter. they're nice and fat, listed at 2.0 they're more like a 2.2 or 2.3. rear shock is good once it's dialed in right with your weight.

rear derailer isn't working so good. i had the LBS do a $100 job where they took off everything and put on new cables. after 2 rides it is back to malfunctioning. i can't use biggest 2 cogs on the rear casette so i'm getting stronger. there is a bit of a creak from the seatpost area but it comes and goes. front shock - it works but i don't think i have ever used more than 70% of the travel.

i went w/ specialized and i'm happy. the geometry of the bike fits me perfect. i'm 6'2" and the bike is an XL. my cousin has a GF cobia and it feels awkward but the FSR feels great right out of the shop. climbing while standing makes a lot of peddle bob so i try to sit as much as possible. my next bike will be a SS 29er

my first FS bike.

[Jan 08, 2010]
miami6

Strength:

it heavy it has basic components shifts on it own sometimes so you could say it has automatic derailers from shimano
spokes on tires are too weak for me 1.8mm is not strong for my taste

frame chain stay broke only six months of use spokes on tires are too weak for me 1.8mm is not strong for my taste repaired and replace many had to redo wheels to 2.0 mm

its an ok bike my next one will not be a specialized for sure

[Oct 31, 2009]
Mountainbiker09

Strength:

tires gripe really good. Rear suspension is amazing the 2007 version. I love it so much more than my old hard tail. So much easier to do downhills.

The front suspension bothers me sometimes. Going throw the gnarly sections I don't get the suspension I need. They need to put a Rock Shox Rebe or SID. Tires heavy.

I would recommend this bike to any body who wants to get a light, cheap, full suspension bike. Just put some lighter tires and you can climb almost anything. I race at Mt. Snow and the bike works incredibly there!