Specialized FSR XC Womens XC Full Suspension

• Manitou Axel Comp suspension fork
  • Custom Shimano Hollowtech crank set
  • Lightweight alloy wheel

jski   Cross Country Rider [Aug 08, 2009]
Strength:

Pretty much everything

Brakes sucked, had 'em switched to disc

I got this bike b/c I wanted to start mountain biking and wanted a full susp bike. I love it. It probably is a bit heavier than necessary, but I wouldn't really know b/c it is my first mountain bike. I hated the brakes, so I got BB7s, and that helps a lot. I actually like the color, and have gotten compliments on it. At least it's not pink! The bike is a small and seems to fit me perfectly. I am 5'3" and 120 pounds. Great bike for an introduction to full suspension and mountain biking.

Similar Products Used: 1st full susp bike
Kate   Cross Country Rider [Jul 15, 2007]
Strength:

Great Bike - handles like a dream.

I'm told the components are pretty base model (shocks, breaks etc) but its such a huge upgrade from my old bike i'm more than happy with the quality.

I got this bike a few months ago and i thank it for transitioning me from fairly basic rider to an "able-to-keep-up-with-the-guys" rider. The dual suspension makes it a joy to ride and it handles so smoothly and stablely through corners and over obstacles. I was going to get a hardtail with higher level components, but i am totally glad i got the dual suspension instead. My riding skills have increased heaps thanks to this bike - and i'm having heaps more fun :). The baby blue colour is about the only thing i am not thrilled about - why do they think we like pretty pastels ????

Similar Products Used: Nil - have ridden a base range hardtail for ages before getting this bike.
Zach Meadows   Cross Country Rider [Jul 12, 2007]
Strength:

Price, Looks

Heavy for a girls bike. I bought it for my wife to ride.
She likes it, but I know it s way havy for her little frame to to ride.

Good for flat trails and concrete. This bike weighs more than my mens full susp bike.

carol   Weekend Warrior [Jun 02, 2005]
Strength:

Shorter top tube, newer seatpost design looks stronger than on 2004 model. Stock saddle fits fine, no need for pricey Terry or Selle Italia upgrade

Probably the shocks; rear is no-name and front has no lock out like on FSR XC pro, but it's good enough for me now. I'd probably forget to unlock anyway. Color is a very pretty intense blue, too blue really, too pretty and I worry about it getting scratched. At least it isn't lavender like one women's mofel I saw.

Since I'm 5'8" I didn't think I needed a women-specific bike, but I kept going back between the men's med and large 2004 FSR XC Pro. Then I got on the women's model FSR XC and was surprised how well it fit, putting my head more over the bars, in control, and not making me feel stretched out. I actually had them put a longer stem on it because stock was 1 inch, which seemed stubby to me.

It turned out to be a really nimble and fun setup for single track, which is what I wanted. With the disc upgrade I probably ended up paying too much but the frame fit itself seemed worth it.

But really, what is it with the women's bike colors? When are the mfrs going to get it through their heads that the colors don't have to be all light and foo-foo for us? Silver, grey or steel blue would have been fine.

Similar Products Used: tried men's FSR XC Pro, looked at Trek Fuel 70, K2 ?? and Gary Fisher Candy