Scott Spark 70 XC Full Suspension

Scott Spark 70 XC Full Suspension

The Spark 70 is a full suspension aluminum framed bike equipped with Shimano parts aimed at providing the novice trail rider a great bike at a great price.

• Frame: Spark alloy 6061
  • Fork: Rock Shox XC 32 TK, Lockout, 120mm
  • Shock: X-Fusion E1 RL, Lockout, 120mm
  • Group set: Shimano SLX / Alivio
  • Brakes: Shimano BR-M446 disc

• USER REVIEWS

[Sep 22, 2012]
    ClimbingColorado

Strength:

Suspension feels nice and the bike feels super light.

Tires seem to skid out on scree and the saddle is SUPER hard.

This is my first expensive bicycle. I spent an entire day visiting ~10 bike shops and trying out ~10 bicycles before settling on this one. I had a budget of $1,200 (this one cost me $1,350). I've only been on two rides with it so far but I've been really happy. In turns it seems like the bike gives/slides a bit but I can't tell if that's the suspension taking the load or the tires giving way. The bike feels super light compared to my old Raleigh Venture 3.0. The seat is harder than Chinese calculus. Compared to everything else I looked at around this price point, this is a great full suspension bike for the price.

OVERALL
    [Jul 11, 2012]
    iamspartacus

Strength:

Price
    Quality
    Components
    Looks
    Feel

None as of yet.

This is my first high dollar mountain bike. I looked at reviews and spoke to people at the LBS's around to find a bike that would fit me and my needs. The 29ers were being pushed, but so was full suspension. At first, I knew I couldn't get into a quality FS for under 1700 bucks, so I rode 29er HT after 29er HT of many brands. They were all ok, but being 5'8", they were a bit big. Also, finding a small was near impossible. I finally ran across a 1000 FS bike from Giant. It was nice, but I was told all the upgrades I would have to make to make it a good bike. I didn't want to buy a new bike just to have to turn around and spend more on upgrades. At another shop, I saw this last of the 2012 models FS bike. They had it on the floor for awhile and were willing to make me a great deal.

I could be biased, since this is my first full suspension mountain bike, but I LOVE this bike. The price was great for getting into a quality FS bike. The 26" wheels are nimble and quick, and the front and rear suspension do their jobs keeping the tires on the ground and cushioning my bad back. Peddling is strong and shifting in quick.

I would have said the saddle was a negative, but I am actually getting used to it. I may still upgrade, but the bike shorts have definately helped.