Pronghorn Racing PR6-SW Carbon Alloy-XC XC Full Suspension

PR6-SW Carbon Alloy-XC

The PR6-SW Carbon/alloy -XC Race frame with the Fox PR2 rear shox is a responsive, aggressive and super light race machine.

Special molding
The PR6 SW Carbon front triangle is made with a special patented technology: Shooth Whall Inside (SW). Instead of traditional carbon molding SW uses Latex hosing for molding and not plastic as normal. The result is a smooth inner tubing giving less stress, increased strength and lower weight and combined with the PR6 alloy for the rear triangle you have a very durable race machine

Frame weight

• 16.0" = 2,100g
  • 18.0" = 2,150g
  • 20.5" = 2,200g

• User Reviews (3)

Peter   [May 17, 2013]
    Strength:

Light, easy maintenance due to simpel cartridge bearings, very good handeling, suitable for 650b!!

uhmmm...?

Been riding this bike for a year now and made a 650b conversion of it. In my opinion it improved te handeling and forward momentum even better than is was. The pivots are easy to maintain, dus to the fact you dont have to press in te bearings.
    Almost anyone can change them. Further it keeps very good contact on the ground, without the powerloss like al lot of other bikes I've rode. ( Trek, Epic, Bulls,etc) The RP2 is sufficiant for this frame and easy to exchange if needed.

ltherp   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2010]
    Strength:

fast, light. Special looking, no one like this.

None.

If you like go fast in hard terran, this is it. I have allways chosen ht,tryed fully´s and then retuned to HT, but by accident I try this, that change everything, I have never been this fast on the technicel courses. Have just bought another frame, so I dont have to train on the XX grouppe, only race. This is the best link sytsem I ever tested. They cost a little, but they are worth it.

Similar Products Used: Specialized epic, ghost scandium, shark, ghost RT, Rivette F8, Giant.
    upsidedown1   Racer [Mar 18, 2009]
    Strength:

Climbs great, like a hardtail. Handles great on downhill sections of single-track due to the aggressive head tube angles. Very lite and nimble. Shift cables run in the frame and are out of the way. I loved my Epic , but this bike even out climbs it!!

So far I have not found any. with Pronghorn Racing coming from Denmark I was concerned, but when ever I have had a question I e-mailed them and they always responded promptly.

I raced this bike as a demo and really liked it. I was looking for a carbon frame and this one just happened to be the one I liked. I was able to build it up to 21.2 lbs which was lighter than a new S-works Epic off the floor and a whole lot cheaper. This bike climbs so well and fast, and I am still getting used to it. The same goes for how it handles on single track. Once you get the suspension set up it is ready to do whatever you want it to. Some people have expressed a concern over the rear suspension being harsh on little bumps and then blowing through the rest of the travel, but this is a race bike and the way I set it up is race firm. Even with it being set a little on the firm side it is still way more comfi than my Epic was.