Merida Ninety-Six Carbon Team XC Full Suspension

• Brake Levers: Avid Elixir CR Carbon
  • Rims: Alex XCR PRO 300 Disc
  • Seatpost: FSA K Force Lite SB25 31.6

Ross Kroger   Cross Country Rider [Jun 30, 2012]
Strength:

Fast lightweight XC racer. Lifetime frame warranty. Adjustability, finish quality. Handling and geometry.

XO rear dérailleur, rear end movement. FSA carbon cranks - bolt collars break.

Racier than my previous Scott Spark 10 and a lifetime warranty. Perfect 24 hour solo racer - adjustable, light yet enough suspension to look after the body in 24 hours. It is an XC racer that's addictive - you just want to ride it often.
It is not an eight inch DH rig, it is not a six inch all mountain bike - it is the best XC duallie - fast down hill, fast in tight single track and a bullet uphill. A HT is always lighter however over tech tracks OR longer rides the Merida 96 more than makes up for the extra kilogram.
Who should buy it: riders who appreciate top line equipment. This is the type of bike that puts a smile on your face and means the only excuse for performance is the rider not the bike.
Set it up as a racer, use it for that , and for fun and get used to the position, don't try to turn your " Ferrari into an SUV".

This bike will not disappoint - expect it to be fast, strong - a weapon. Don't expect it to do what it is never intended to do and you will llove it.

Similar Products Used: Trek Top Fuel 98 - well engineered - retired. Specialized Epic Expert - sold as it did not like me. Scott Spark 10 - a softer longer travel 96 but not as tough or unbreakable, sold. Merida 96 5000D - the race bike DT Swiss fork, bling. Giant Anthem - good value but not in the same class as the Merida. Cannondale team HT XTR - classic.
Max   Cross Country Rider [Sep 07, 2010]
Strength:

Stiff, responsive ultralight

price!!

u might think that I'm too soon to tell how great was my Merida 96 carbon XX!! I went out to ride … and it is flying…. I was looking for the built-in engine… couldn’t find it… it was so easy to climb the hills…so awesome. Of course the SRAM XX is the best thing I have ever tried. The shifting is perfect, the gears are comfortable… no problem whatsoever.I haven’t had the chance to miss the granny gear. I think it is a great system… but again… I wasn’t expecting anything less from SRAM. im regret to choose Merida and Sram component's as my last choice who the hell say Taiwan product are not there yet, i had try most of the 5 star brand u just name it.i belief a lot of people had the same feeling just that u know people tend to fancy and go crazy about brand rather than the product it self. for me i already get my awsome frame and component's how about u my friend?

Similar Products Used: titus racer x,santa cruz blur xc, XT, XTR
zeth   Cross Country Rider [Nov 08, 2009]
Strength:

this is a race ready bike, with loads of confidence. it is great looking, and handels.

still in the shadow of specialized

a bike worth concidering, especialy the more expensive models.it has given me no problems thus far, and a pleasure to ride. i would recomend this bike to serious mtb riders, the frame is sturdy, and lite. i have a full xt group set and tubeless tires, and my bike comes to 12.3 kg. i have found that the bike handels extremely wel over rocy conditions, and sometimes lets me make mistakes for wich i dont always have to pay. this is a great bike for technical riding, and cross country rides. and with a good setup, uphills become something to look forward to.