Merida Mission 2000-D XC Full Suspension

• Saddle: XM Comp
  • Seat post: XM Comp SB20 31.6
  • Pedal: Shimano M520

alfredore   Weekend Warrior [Jun 03, 2009]
Strength:

Weight!, Geometry, Factory setup, rear shok lock, the way the rear suspension is built, Control!!!, grate price - value

My right foot sometimes hits the rear shock while pedaling

Excellent XC full suspension bike, climbs beautifully, goes down hard, grate control!!!, I weight 70 kg, feels like it is made up for me. Took a long time to decide to switch to a Full suspension bike, I was a hard tail warrior, but with this bike I cannot find anything a hard tail is better at.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale F6, alu bike
PB Matrix   Cross Country Rider [Nov 24, 2008]
Strength:

Review of the frame and Manitou rear shock only: Rigid frame, easy to maneuver, climbs well, goes down hill well, low ratio system is good, I like the rear lock out, has a drain hole in the BB area already

the frames cartridge bearings are not rubber sealed bearings, I recommend they be replaced quickly, which is easy to do. I do not think the frame is clear coated. Can not run full length cable housing for the shifters.

Good racing frame, I got a great deal on a nearly new frame and am happy with this bike overall.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Enduro and Epic, Cannondale Prophet and Rush
Nick   Cross Country Rider [Apr 19, 2007]
Strength:

Brilliant braking, smoothest ride I've had, solid climber and flying downhills, value for money. Did I mention the brakes? Massive front rotor gets me out of trouble all the time. On the fly adjustable rear shock is brilliant. Looks great!

Need to replace the saddle (personal setup). Took ages for the bike to get here! Local importer needs a kick in the pants (South Africa)

Ordered the bike when I realised I needed something better than a six year old mid range hard tail to do the EPIC on. Waited for ages for the bike to arrive, but once I got it the wait was worth it. Absolutely loving it. Climbs extremely well - there is a lock out on the rear shock but with the shock adjusted properly you don't need it - absolutely no bob, just reacting to the bumps. Much better than my friends BRAINS! Also adjustable on the fly, great shock. Braking is awesome, the front rotor is massive and gets me out of trouble - riding this thing downhill FAST is so much fun you tend to overcook it a little! Fantastic handling. Perfect for LONG cross country rides with downhill single track thrown in for good measure, this thing handles. SRAM and Juicy components BRILLIANT - very happy with the performance.

The EPIC was a breeze, all I needed was a clean and lube each day, didn't have a mechanic near the bike for 8 days, 900 km's of the toughest moutain bike race in the world (apparently!). Not a single issue - kudo's to SRAM and Juicy. Absolutely blown away. Only issues - the saddle hurts my ass (but saddles are personal issues) and you need to get tubeless - although I did only get three punctures in 900k's.

Similar Products Used: None - first full susser and loving it! Have ridden hardtails from Giant to Kona.
Alessandro Pontellini   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2007]
Strength:

Light,Light,Light!!
It climbs like a monkey and come down like an heatseeking missile...you can't go wrong on bends cause she lets you choose the better trajectory. Big safe brakes and no bobbing on climbs with the suspension properly set.What do you want more?!

The bike doesn't have any weakness by my point of view but Merida needs a kick in the a## cause they sold me a 20'' frames instead of the 22'' I ordered. Luckily with minor adjustments (change of seatpost, handlebar and stem)I got the bike set good for me. Some could tell why I don't get the right frame...I had already waited for 7 MONTHS...so maybe for this MERIDA needs another kick in the a##!!
But now, with a bike with an L size instead of an XL I gained more manouvrability.So I'm happy

I'm very happy with this bike and it's very good for trail biking and long cross country rides. Once suspensions are set in the proper way the bike reacts pretty good on rough terrain both on climbs and descents, even if the R7 fork is not plush as my old Marzocchi MX PRO, but it makes well its job. So 5 flaming chilis for the bike but 4 for MERIDA for the mistake in the frame size.

Similar Products Used: GT XCR 3000...a missile too on descents but a very heavy and much more less manouvrable bike.
Lance Stephenson   Racer [May 10, 2007]
Strength:

Build quality is top, frame design (mechanically speaking) and hydro forming technology is exceptional. Geometry is spot on. Choice of Rear shock Manufacturer (manitou) Climbing ability descending ability, handling ,weight blah blah so much to say the way the bearings come apart in the frame, you can see the thought thats been put into it for the mechanic or end users sake, it's made simple and easy.AND you can carry 2 bottles

Like EVERY full suspension rig, one tends to have to fiddle with suspension to get it right. This bike is a breeze in comparison.....but still it's something that requires time to get right, but it's not a weakness as such, but a down side to all full sussers.

After buying a Specialized Epic, i rode it for 6 months and sold fast. Went back to Hardtail(carbon) for 4 years. I saw this bike and had to get it. the ride is where the magic happens, the bike is right...it's what suspension bike should ride like!

Similar Products Used: Wheeler 3000czx (old clunker), GF sugar, Trek Fuel, and the stupidist of the lot, Specialized epic. Crap bike that one, or rather SORRY BRAIN shock is the crap part, if Spesh has specced th manitou on their bike, i'd still have it..MAYBE
Ray Cordero   Cross Country Rider [Oct 29, 2007]
Strength:

Frame is very rigid considering it's a full suspension bike. Relatively light and nice racy colour combination. Value for money. Ride is comfortable and firm for confident ride either going up or racing downhill.

Paint chips especially in the pivot sections. Can be very tasking when cleaning the bike after a muddy ride. Lots of tight and hard to reach areas. Need a lot of cotton buds. Hard to reach control lever of rear shock. Need remote lockout.

This is my first full suspension XC bike. I was lucky the bike fit my style of riding and geometry perfectly. All parts are bought individually to further enhance the great ride quality this bike delivers considering it's very affordable price. The next closest bike in terms of price is about $200 more. This bike is so easy to maneuver even in the most technical tracks. Excellent climbing ability and gives you confidence to attack a trail going downhill regardless of terrain. The Fox Vanilla gives the bike an all mountain feel but borders on the firm ride due to the Low Ratio Sytem. I've taken this bike on all types of terrain aggressively and it still ride new. No squeaks or rattling noise. I recommend this bike for those who wants a race inspired, value for money full suspension XC bike. Merida defied the odds on this one.

Similar Products Used: Merida hard tail.