Kona Lisa DS XC Full Suspension

• Chainrings: 44/32/22
  • Pedals: Shimano PD-M505 Clipless
  • Shifters: Shimano Deore

Grandpa Jenkins   Downhiller [Jul 13, 2010]

I am an 18 year old guy, I was looking for a full suspension for really cheap and I came across this bike at a local shop. It was priced 1k and the bike store had covered up the 'lisa' logo with stickers, So I was convinced it was a male Mt. Bike.
I bought it and used it that day on All-Mountain trails. I later found out that it is a womans bike, but I couldn't tell. This thing takes one heck of a beating, I ride hard, I ride drops and technical trails. This bike is working for me very well, But i have already bent the frame and the gears and the de-reailer, and my disk brakes. I ride it really hard, and it's trying to keep up. Good first bike for ANY women, and for a male who is just getting into Mt. Biking.
It looks like a dudes bike anyway.

cwatkins   Cross Country Rider [Jun 08, 2009]
Strength:

dual suspension, fairly lightweight, for the female rider, decent parts.

No lock out shocks

The Kona Lisa is a great all around versatile bike for a beginner to intermediate rider. It's durable and light enough. It can handle almost anything you throw at it. The lack of lock out shocks is a weakness.... but I didn't really notice this until I took a lock out squishy out for a ride.

Similar Products Used: Norco Fluid, Specialized XC.
robibeiss@msn.com   Weekend Warrior [Oct 10, 2008]
Strength:

Excellent cornering, great braking, handles extremely well through technical terrain;

shifting is somewhat slippy from time to time; slightly heavy

Great bike for trailriding. This was my first full suspension. I was looking for something with great bells and whistles for under 2k, and this bike fit the bill. I use this bike through extremely rooty terrain. Handles well through switchbacks. I always feel like I AM riding the bike, it doesn't ride me. I love this bike, it's one of those...that no matter if I get another bike, it will always have that special place. I will always talk up Kona bikes. Great buy indeed!

willy nelson   Downhiller [May 22, 2007]

pruty gewd so fawr, i am kinda wrinkly though