K2 Bike Razorback SL XC Full Suspension

deakinsmith   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2010]
Strength:

Light, laser-like handling, unique design, very little bobbing, feels very stiff for any weight bike, and attractive even though I don't usually like anything loud. Weighs 25 lbs. with added tubes, water bottle cage, wider tires, and heavier rear brake.

Good luck finding Noleen shocks so get a rebuild kit while you can. Separate seatstay needed to fit Fox shock. Sid has a little flex, especially when braking.

I wanted to get back into mountain biking as I had been riding every day in high school about 9 years back and it is my favorite excercise. I had been riding a Trek 9900 and had a Gary Fisher Level Betty freeride bike that is kind of a joke if I think about it now, although it was fun. I didn't want a hardtail as I like traction on rooty uphills and saw this bike and fell in love with the design. I can't imagine it getting much better than this bike. I have ridden a couple of higher end bikes but this handles like it is on rails. Little to no upgrades are needed when buying a bike like this. No bike (or anything for that matter) is perfect for everything and this could use a little more suspension up front but I know I made a good decision.

Similar Products Used: Trek 9900 hardtail (10 years ago).
OVERALL