Iron Horse Sinister Expert XC Full Suspension

Kevin   Weekend Warrior [Mar 24, 2004]
Strength:

this bike is good if your name is eric door. it is a good entry bike and can make you very good at biking(even if you have never biked before; or you). Buy it.

don't know. but let me tell ya. the only tool you'll need to turn this bike into a monster, is to go to jamba juice, buy a cirtrus squeeze, and pay the cashier. actually the real weakness in this bike the rider. OOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!! DISS-O-LICIOUS!!!!!!! just kidding eric, that would be mean and not thoughtful of me if I said that you were a bad rider. we'll FIND OUT ON FRIDAY THEN????!!!!!!!!!!! WON"T WE???? THE ONLY WAY TO JOIN OUR IKE GROUP IS TO COURAGOUSLY GO OFF (drum roll).....................THE DEATH DROP.

this is the bottom line. actually a box but who cares! the thing i likes about this bike is that i can sit down on the seat and pedal. usually the bikes i get are the ones made by bob, but as you can see, his bikes are a little less durable than the other ones. no really, get this bike. eric, its good. buy it, love it, die on it. (im kidding) no actually just ride it. its good.

Similar Products Used: you know, I never did kiss jen before but there are a few minor exceptions........o wait this is the bike review....AHHH yes, i used a unicycle, a huffy expert DH, and a lawnmower(does that count?)
Mike Davis   Weekend Warrior [Feb 29, 2004]
Strength:

teriffic value! front fork (air adjustable), component package, fun to ride

a little heavy but not enough to spoil your fun.

For perspective, my main ride is a Cannondale Scalpel with a Lefty, light & fast. I bought this bike as a second bike for guests and friends to ride. Scram shifters, Hayes hydraulic disc brakes, Marzochi air fork, Fox Vanilla shock with rebound adjusment for around $900!! Not as fast but a great bike for the money. Just plain fun to ride with no faults. This bike could easily satisfy 95% of the riders who try it. I normally upgrade every bike I've ever owned but I won't touch this one because it is a good balanced package. Before you spend more $$$ try this bike.

Similar Products Used: Jekyll, Scalpel, Trek Y-33,Y3
Gordy   Weekend Warrior [Sep 08, 2005]
Strength:

Well, I bought it as a frame only with the stock VanillaR shock. It was in new condition. Built it up and all I can say is wow! It climbs well, descends better and has great geometry. Probably the plushest 2 pivot FS bike I have ridden yet. The stock set up on these bikes was kind of mediocre but would be acceptable for the average not so hardcore rider. Kind of heavy but makes for a good, smooth ride.

None yet and probably won't find anything signifigant. If I do I'll post later.

If you buy the complete bike and ride more than 20x's a year you will likely upgrade components soon. Frame however appears strong and durable so far. No complaints

Similar Products Used: the old proflex 756, specialized fsr and big hit
Christopher Martin   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 2005]
Strength:

It has everything you want. Air adjustable front shock, Hydraulic brakes sram deraulier etc..

Nothing it has is realy great.

altogether good bike handles everthing well but it is a little heavy.

rick   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 2005]
Strength:

nice beefy frame, decent brakes, good crankes, decent components, decent weight, vanilla shock.

french valve tubes, alex rim that is only tapped for a french valve.

I was totally skeptical about buying an iron horse, i mean what the hell, they are pretty much an internet only bike, but I'm more than impressed with the sinister frame. I tried k2, khs, and specialized and for the price, nothing came close, both component wise and feeling of the ride, (though I spent a few hundred extra on upgrades). This bike is perfect for both street, depending how you tweak the shocks, and woods, and rides equally smooth on both. It's fairly light, has just the right amount of flex, and has taken a minor beating so far. Aside from the awesome ride, it is also pretty sweet looking with polished frame, and all black components and rims/spokes. I've had tons of people stop and ask me where I bought it, and who makes it so if you are looking for some nice bling for under a grand, I would buy one. They are just perfect for riding trails, and for taking some fairly radical hits. Seriously, this a very good quality bike and it is definitely up there with the mass produced bikes of equal value.

Similar Products Used: khs xc304, k2 lithium, old specialized uno
Matt   Cross Country Rider [Feb 23, 2005]
Strength:

Tough frame, looks great, mostly good components.

Headset.

This bike handles everything I've been able to throw at it. Climbs very well. Extremely sure-footed. Point and shoot riding. Biggest drop I've done is a little over six feet, but it felt the same as a two foot drop. I do have a problem with the 5th gear on the cassette skipping on some climbs. I think some teeth are bent. Also, the headset has never been completely free of play and now the star nut is ripped in half. Hopefully a headlock will fix it. Every other component on this bike is very nice. Shifts great. I think it would be hard to find a new bike this good for the same price. I only didn't give it a 5 because of the headset and cassette.

Similar Products Used: Wal-mart cheapies.