Haro Sonix XC Full Suspension

• Mountain Biking Magazine’s XC Bike of the Year.
  • New patented Virtual Link 120mm suspension frame.
  • RockShox Tora 318 Air fork paired with RockShox MC3.1 shock.
  • Shimano LX/Deore drivetrain.
  • Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes.

• User Reviews (6)

Marlin   Cross Country Rider [May 18, 2012]
    Strength:

Great suspension on down hill runs and when just hitting holes in the trail.
    Also, the Disc breaks are great!
    Climbs up loose trails and if you set the rear shock (dial it +) for up hill it feels like a hard tail climbing!
    Front Shocks can be set to almost complete lockout which is nice on road or hard pack trails with little need for it.
    Rebound on rear shock is cool also!
    The tires are very stable on the trails and gravel packed areas too, holds to the road well and agile.
    VLS suspension is great!

Well, none so far!
    Just make sure you have your air PSI right in the front and rear shocks according to your Body weight, I'm 5'10" at 210 Lbs. and running 200 PSI in rear shock, feels great!
    (note rear shock is max 250 psi)

I love this bike and how it feels when riding it! The MSRP is $1300. and if you can find one in good shape try to get it!
    It handles great on down hill runs and sticks to the ground, Also, I feel agile on it when hitting hard bumps on the downhill descent! Going up hill, no pogo or bob and the tires dig in as you grind out the hills!
    I'm in mine at 50 percent of the MSRP. I didn't plan on giving that much for a 2008 bike, but when I went to the shop they told me that it had not been ridden much, not much at all. Man, that was an understatement because everything was as new looking as the 2012 Bikes in the shop, LoL. So, I haggled them down from 800. to 650. Great deal for both of us!
    I'm Happy with the Bike!

Similar Products Used: Free Spirit, Schwinn, Cannondale, and Diamondback.
    mojoman2010   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2010]
    Strength:

Sturdy bike. The VLS system does work and just needs the right psi in the rear shock to work right.

Heavy, heavy, heavy, which is to expected on this price range.

It's to early to tell at this point. My old Cannondale is so light it's almost sad to put it to pasture, and at 6-1 215 I've beaten the hell out of that old warhorse.
    Cable rub is a real problem on this bike which I placed the little rubber thingy's on. Be sure the pressure's are set right specifically on the rear shock. This will eliminate tail bob. Here around Houston we don't have the alpine descents, but we have subtle knolls which are usually muddy, rooty, and littered with beer cans, with a meth lab here and there, so this level of bike fits the bill.

Similar Products Used: Specialized FXC, Cannondale f900 (1998)
    Niall Mc   Cross Country Rider [Mar 16, 2009]
    Strength:

no tail bob when pounding it up hills. the VLS system really works. beautifuly smooth gear changes.

minor tail bob on flat ground when accelerating and in saddle. brakes feel a bit squishy and scream.

great first full suspension bike. feels more like a hardtail to ride but takes the edge off impacts and totally absorbs smaller bumps, giving you the confidence to take bumpy sections at speed without compramising uphill sections. I would really recommend this bike to any one who like a hardtail but wants to be a bit more adventurous with the line they take and the speed they take it.

Similar Products Used: pinnacle evo II
    ÉneGêBê   Cross Country Rider [Sep 30, 2008]

I loved this bike from the moment I saw it! And when I found out it was voted XC bike of the year by Mountain Biking UK Magazine, I had to look deeper.

I also felt the bob on flatground, but it's almost nothing and it doesn't affect your riding at all.

I ride a '16 and have so much fun with it. I never had a full suspension before and this works perfectly for me. It's a great transition bike! It's the best bike I had in a LONG time!

Medboy   Cross Country Rider [Jul 15, 2008]
    Strength:

Climbs like a Goat, great brakes, and low weight!!

None!!!

I think this is the best bike for people looking to go from a hardtail to full suspension. I truly believe that it climbs better than any hardtail that I have ever had. It's light weight, has awesome brakes and great suspension. I would recommend this bike for any Trail Rider!!

Similar Products Used: Raleigh and Diamondback
    Peter   Weekend Warrior [Apr 27, 2008]
    Strength:

relatively light, good for climbing, good components

rear suspension bob

This bike is well setup and has good components, the air suspension on the 07 model is good. When I went climbing in the mountains, the back end felt really stiff and it climbed like a hardtail. It also seems quite light and agile for it's size, but it is definately not a race bike. I have found that the rear suspension bobs a bit while you're riding around on level ground, not a lot, but you're still losing some power to it. Overall I would say this bike is good and would recommend it!