Haro Sonix LT XC Full Suspension

• Mavic XM317 rims laced to Shimano M525 hubs

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 28, 2010]
    jumper780

Strength:

-Efficient in the saddle
    -Weight. She is right at 27lbs with my components
    -Handling.Very quick.

You must dial in your suspension just right or it will feel like a downhill bike. I.E. your front end will feel raked out.

This is a great trail bike. I don't know why Haro quit making the LT version. She is very nimble on the trail and just absorbs everything you throw at her. She climbs like she has tank tracks on the rear. The harder you pedal the more force is put at sticking the rear wheels to the ground, where as other bikes I have ridden seem to slip out if enough torque is placed at the rear wheels. I cannot stress enough the importance of setting up your suspension properly. I read somewhere where a guy threw different forks on her and just hated the raked feeling she had. As soon as I threw my RS Revelation dual airs on her, I had the same feeling. I had to use 5 more lbs of negative pressure than positive. After that, she was carving turns. You cannot go wrong with Haro's customer service. It is second to none.

[Jul 14, 2008]
    jdh2n

Strength:

Great components. Great and fast ride.

The frame broke after one month of ownership.

Great bike with lots of power. The travel is just right for my size. Ather just 50 miles of trail riding the frame, above the bottom bracket broke. It snapped in half above the weld. Haro honored the waranty and replace the frame.

Scott Reflex 45

[May 06, 2007]
    Eric Schappach

Strength:

Great climber, balanced feel,crisp shifting

none yet found

I purchased the frame from Greenfish Adventure and put all my components on it. I have to say that the bike rides better than expected. It climbs better than my Marin Mt Vision, although I think it's the Motion control rear shock. The bike is a little harsh over small chatter but once your up to speed the thing loves to cruise.I actually feel faster on this than on the Marin even though it's 2 lbs heavier. I wouldn't hesitate to run this thing on all day epics. It took me a ride to get the rear shock dialed in(half your body weight, 6 click in on platform damping) but I would have to say that so far I'm very pleased with the bike.It's able to accelerate quite well even when your in the wrong gear approaching a short steep hill.Just stand and pounce.
    My only gripe is minor, the paint seems to mar too easily-too bad there's not a powder coat option.
    This is a great bike for a cross country rider looking for some longer "legs".I love the extra travel over the rock gardens I so common here in Connecticut.At first glance it looks like the old URT designs but there is a second pivot up front with a link between the frame and swingarm.
    Shifting is great because the whole driveline is on the swingarm. There is no chain growth in any gear so the bike doesn't feel different from big ring to small ring up front.
    Climbs and descends well, feels very efficient,comfortable and good dealer network for parts.

DB XTS,Marin Mt vision pro,Schwinn Rocket 88