Haro Sonix Comp XC Full Suspension

• Shimano XT Shadow 9-speed rear derailleur
  • Fox 32 FR 100mm fork
  • Fox Float R rear shock

kirsche1   Cross Country Rider [Jun 06, 2010]
Strength:

I bought the frame only,off ebay without knowing much about mountain biking. I had just started biking and being not the youngest any more my hardtail was beating me up.After riding the Haro now for about a year and having slowly replaced and upgraded most of the components....I really love this bike,it rides smooth and quiet,climbs well and goes down the hill very confidently.I have not had any problems and I can highly recommend this to anyone that needs a reliable and inexpensive bike that will do it all.

rear suspension stiffens a little under hard breaking, doesn't really bother me much but I thought it's worth saying.

Great Bike,buy it You'll like it !!!!!!

Similar Products Used: not really
HotMale1971   Weekend Warrior [Jan 12, 2010]
Strength:

light weight, good components & eye candy ;)

haven't found one yet

This is my 1st FS bike so I don't have anything to compare this with. I've been looking for awhile at all different types bikes and when I came across this I couldn't argue the price point of the bike.

I've looked at Banshee: Pyre & Rune, Transition: Covert, Giant: Reign 1 & 2 & Cannondale: Moto 4 but they were 2-3X the price. I already knew the Haro name from my BMX days so I didn't need convincing on that. All I really needed to do was to test ride it.

The bike shop wasn't helpful on the bike setup so I did some research online. Set my sag @ 10mm and I'm luv'n the ride, climbs way better than my hardtail. Wanna see what happens when I change the amount of sag?

I figure with the $$ I'm saving I could build up the bike & as I become a better rider I can start looking for a ride specific bike.

skip2ride   Racer [Mar 27, 2009]
Strength:

Nice bike, I've been surprised in it's weight and how well it decends

Not the best on steep Climbs, I want to upgrade to a RP23 but that's just me

Pretty nice bike. I will be upgrading it as the season and wear goes on. Bought it for fun on longer races. A hardtail is great on a short event but this is a comfy bikes