GT Marathon Carbon Expert XC Full Suspension

• Brake Levers: Shimano SLX Hydraulic
  • Chain: HG-73 Nine Speed

[Dec 31, 2011]
marathoner87

Strength:

Very light, precise, gear shifters are very good, disk brakes are awesome and don't SQUEAK which is amazing. Looks AMAZING and everything is color coordinated beautifully. rims are very good too

bolts come loose if u downhill with it. Just keep an eye one them

I'm about 5'7 and i chose a medium frame. for the price there simply was nothing that contested it. I was looking for a good all around full suspension bike. and i ended up with a GREAT all around bike. U really can climb up hills as if ur on a hard-tail bike, but then whenever u hit the downhill the full suspension just sucks up the terrain and gives u great confidence. this bike is simply everything one could dream of all in one package. i cannot see the bike performing any better than it does. I just love it.

marine

[Jun 11, 2010]
2manybicycles

Strength:

I Drive suspension really works! Sexy looking bike, good components, carbon

Weighs at around 28 pounds for a large. Difficult to size, so be sure to test ride before purchasing.

The I-Drive suspension system really works! I can definitely tell going up technical climbs. This rig climbs like a goat!. There's a competent mix of components, and a carbon frame to complete the package. Sexy looking bike! I'm 5'9" and I ended up buying a Large frame. I have a longish torso,and the medium frame felt small and cramped. Be sure to test ride a couple of sizes before purchasing.

Trek Fuel line, K2 pull shock full bike

[Feb 09, 2010]
shoxpro

Strength:

Killer looks, perfect geometry, lightweight, components functions as expected. handles pretty well in turns.

none so far.

I purchase this bike first for the looks, from positive reviews and value as a package. My first ride on this bike was awesome, big difference from my previous bike. Great on climbs as well as downhill. Slx does a great job as well as the recon shocks which has a lock out, Could use more rear travel .The geometry is perfect for my height. I'm 5'5" and i ride an extra small which seat tube it 16.83 inches. Sizes on these can be tricky, just pick the right size, your style of riding, and you will not regret the purchase.

Cannondale superV, Raven, Jekyll, Specialized Epic comp and enduro

[Jun 24, 2009]
jayss

Strength:

fast, light, nimble

none so far

great bike surprisingly strong for being a carbon frame. i have taken a couple of tumbles on it with no problem to the frame. have ridden on hard pavement on the way to the trails and quite smooth as well as on the trails. changed out tires for better grip on muddy surfaces. but other than that i love the bike. suspension has been great on obstacles and any thing that seems to come my way. will probably upgrade rear derailuer to xtr the slx a bit rought on hard gear changes. did i mention the bike is a head turner, looks awsome.

various