GT IDXC 3.0 XC Full Suspension

GT IDXC 3.0 XC Full Suspension

The IDXC 3.0 is one of the standout values of GT's full-suspension line this year. It features a thrifty yet effective mix of Shimano's new Deore LX components combined with SRAM's new X.9 shifters and rear derailleur. The 3.0 is a solid choice for the hard-working sport or beginner-class racer who also appreciates a good weekend trail ride.

[Jul 14, 2011]
CrashKnott

Strength:

Great entry level real mountain rig, and a good bike for the money. Drivetrain has held up well through the years. Price was a selling point, and this bike was my gateway into better riding.

Lots. Front shock is terrible, too much give and no adjustment, so you get a ton of rebound on any big hits. Rear shock is less weak than front, but no lock-out, no pro-pedal, just air pressure and rebound adjustment

Good bike for the money. This is a great ride to get you into the riding more and open up the possibilities for you. It's not going to wow anybody with competitive downhill'er performance, but that's why this is the 3.0 when they offer a 5.0 ;)

Just stepped up into an Ibis Mojo.

[Dec 12, 2009]
joeygott

Strength:

Good components, "I" suspension system

Can't lock out front or rear, although they are adjustable.

Performs very well. Doesn't bob much going uphill. To get better, you have to spend quite a bit more, and even then you can do worse. FYI...frame runs one size larger than most. If you are large size, get a medium. 5 stars when you consider the price, 4 compared to best in class.

Trek Fuel, Cannondale

[Jul 13, 2009]
jscusmcvet

Strength:

Quick Handling, relatively light, pedals like a hard tail.

Head tube too steep? A lot of weight over the front wheel...

I love this bike. When used within it's (or my!) limits it performs flawlessly. I have only struggled on trails more suited to current "all mountain" bike with way more travel. I would consider this GT more of an XC bike and it handles those duties well, with noo complaints. I have had to replace one bottom bracket, which seems to be a weakpoint. My LBS could not work on it because the GT is different and I had to take it to an actual GT dealer.

If you like tight twisty, fast singletrack, this bike is excellent for that purpose.

First full susp. bike

[May 08, 2008]
Greg

Strength:

Great components for the money, no pedal bob, smooth suspension, Avid disc brakes and levers, SRAM trigger shifters (better than Shimano).

The bolt which attachs the "dogbone" part of the suspension linkage has broken a few times. Not a big deal as I carry a spare bolt and allen wrench and can replace it on the trail.

Good bike at a great price.

Specialized Stumpjumper

[Apr 30, 2007]
Josh Cates

Strength:

Strong frame with great design. Good value for the dollar.
Front fork is air and easy to use. replaced the entire drivetrain with XTR components given to me new off Ellsworth. That's all she needed to run nice and smooth

none so far

If you don't have $2000 or more to spend on a bike, this is a great value with a good warranty and solid name! I have ridden the bike hard at Palmer Park and have no problems. It keeps up with my buddies Specialized EPIC and the 5" of travel makes it ride like butter.

Ironhorse, Giant, HiFi and Trek

[May 18, 2006]
Russell Albro

Strength:

This is a nice bike comes with sram 9.0. everything so far is first rate no break downs or things falling off i still have the reflectors LOL has a bad ass paint job also. the i-drive really works, pedeling is real smooth

nothing yet but the cranks creak alot the seats kinda uncomfortable, bought a new one 'on sale' so solved that problem the front fork could be better "manitou black" not a bad fork but when you hit big rocks it rebounds to much and somtimes get you get of control,

nice bike happy with my purchase

Trek Y-22 Diamond Back 3.0

[Mar 09, 2007]
Phil

Strength:

GT iDrive definatly lives up to its reputation in terms of a smooth, "bob free" ride. Decent components. Nice paint and graphics.

None when I first picked up the bike. Serious bang for the buck. A weakness reared its ugly head though, read below.

Like I said, this bike is a great deal. Quality components, with exception to the fork. A manapoo comes stock, and lacks any real adjustment features. The bike developed a "creak" in one of the pivots after about 35 miles. The LBS tried for hours to make it stop. They later determined it was a frame failure. GT offered to replace the frame. The shop offered a refund as well. I opted for the refund, and Im upgrading to an all mountain rig. I awarded only 2 chilis overall, because I had a lemon. Had I not had the lemon, I would have awarded 4 or 5. By the way, my all mountain rig will be a GT as well. This little SNAFU has not steered me away! They took care of the mistake professionally and for that, they will keep my business.

First bike Ive owned in six years. I considered myself an intermediate rider before my hiatus.