GT IDXC 2.0 XC Full Suspension

• Grips: GT Lock Down
  • Saddle: SDG Satellite
  • Seat Post: SL Alloy Micro adjust

everett71   Cross Country Rider [Nov 29, 2009]
Strength:

Climbs well. Decent enough components. Durable enough to handle the epic rides.

I love this bike. I think it's under rated. I just bought a new Stumpjumper but I'm keeping this for backup. And it's very good backup.

Mike   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2006]
Strength:

Great handling on singletrack, awesome discs.

Creeks like a frog, Top tube broke, dog bone bolts sheared off.

Great bike could be stonger. Omnico gave me a idxc 3.0 as a repacement thanks for the great service

Similar Products Used: KHS crest, GT idrive 3.0(old design) Marin palisades trail, GT IdXC3.0
Mike   [Jul 06, 2006]
Strength:

modified URT, component spec for the $$$

creaks in the BB/swingarm area - regreased and they are quiet again

Climbs very well, can run a taller gear and get out of the saddle if need be - don't have to sit and spin the bike up a climb. Rebound damping on the Float definetly welcome - URTs can stinkbug. Swapped out the tires for Mibro's w/ Stan's...changed the character of the bike from trail to XC. Not bad for 1200 - plan to race it in sport class.

Similar Products Used: Rush, Maestro, old Raleigh pseudo 4-bar
Michael   Cross Country Rider [Jun 26, 2006]
Strength:

Cost, design, components, and weight.

Rims and fork.

Excellent deal at 1200 and under. Not so good for retail considering the fact that it is a 2005. There are some inherent problems with the rock shox duke forks as far as soft bushings. They wear down overtime and require rebuild. Not real fix is known to exist as far as rebuilt kits having firm bushings. This is not a major issue but I think they may wear out and require a rebuild in 2 to 3 years. I am used to marzocchi and they do not have this specific problem. I am basing my diss on the rims on the other reviews I have read on this site. I have not had a problem with them beyond a few dents, scratches, one broken spoke (my fault), and a re-truing of the back wheel (spoke). I have to knock the Julie breaks too. The calipers are plastic. I am just not comfortable with that.

On the up side the bike is very plush and rides fast. It shreds technical rocky sections (very common in my area) with relative ease. I am pretty hard on this bike and avoid most maintenance unless something breaks so if you find yourself in that camp then this may be a bike for you. The rear shock is simple and works well. No leaks or squeaks. The crank is holding up fine considering I have no rock ring and use the big ring as a rock ring. The stock tires do great on granular or damp terrain. No major issues at this point and the front fork lockout is a welcomed upgrade.

Great bike for a 1100 to 1400 dollar price range.

Similar Products Used: Giant raineer, specialized s-works, and cannondale scapel.