GT I-Drive 1.0 XC Full Suspension

sboada   Cross Country Rider [Sep 29, 2008]
Strength:

Can take a beating
Pretty good stock components

Suspension can take a bit to setup just right

Great bike, especially for what I paid. You get a beefy bike, that can take a beating, and offers a pretty plush ride to boot if setup correctly. SO far only a bent der. hanger in over 3 yrs of riding.

I'm still working on the setup, as I have had it since 2005, but just started putting alot of time behind the bars recently. So far it hasn't let me down.

One note though, while climbing it seems like there tends to be a lot of play in the back end. I am chalking this up to setup, suspension too soft, and am working through some setup issues.

If you are looking for a versitle bike that can take a beating, you can't for the price. Buy it if you can find one...

anthony distefano   Cross Country Rider [Apr 12, 2006]
Strength:

grips like velcro, turns on rails, great balance what a deal

rst rear coil- cant wait to upgrade

If you can hold on this bike will will make yor hair stand up. Great rideg

Similar Products Used: fsr xc, cannondale jeckel,gt i drive
Alex Martinez   Racer [Feb 12, 2007]
Strength:

Durability, Strong, light if setup correctly, stability, can handle anything thrown at it.

None so far

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a 2004 Gt i-drive 1.0 bike. It rides very smooth and handles well on climbs and drops. It is very strong and handles anything I throw at it. The bike is very fast and light if you spend the bucks for the carbon (Easton) components. This GT i-drive rocks!

Similar Products Used: GT I-Drive 4.0, Hoo Koo E. Koo(Gary Fisher),Iron Horse, Norco Sasquatch,Cheetah Prowler,GT dyno,Hutch trickstarII
John Gonzalez   Weekend Warrior [Mar 10, 2006]
Strength:

Lightweight... Strong Frame, I-Drive great feature that gets lots of looks... good paint that waxes well

Pain in the butt to clean out idrive system after a muddy ride...

Set up like i have it the bike comes out to 26.5 lbs... Bike has taken 5 foot leaps, stairs, rock faces, mud, sand, rain, NYC, whatever i could throw at it. Great Frame if you can find one!

Similar Products Used: Diamondback Coil X-s , Mongoose Sommet
adam groves   Weekend Warrior [May 05, 2007]
Strength:

great speed to pedal ratio once upgraded to 27 gears.
fantastic handling in all conditions esp dry tracks but even more on through the mud.
bike strenght! 6 foot is my biggest drop without breaking anything origional!!
so easily upgradeable to get awesome performance! never leave as "out of the box" it has so much more to offer.

easily buckled "standard hoops" try some downhill hoops wilt fat chunky tyres and the bike will handle and perform 100000% better! GARUNTEED!!!
SEAT BOLT! after 6 stitches to my nuts i would advise anyone to get the gtIT 1 DH seat pin.
rear gears do tend to need frequent (4 month) set up

fantastic bike that will take anything thrown at it its awesome on the xc trails loves the north shore stuff and will never dissapoint!! and you can take that to the bank!
if you want a xc pocket rocket or a really good allrounder then this bike is for you, if you want a bike built for drop and jumps allday long then go back to the drawing board!

Similar Products Used: none why would you use any other bik once you have ridden a I-drive
joseph   [Sep 03, 2005]
Strength:

frame, handling, no bob, rims are very strong ,good for agressive ride as well as for xc. stock set up is very good bike word great .

duke fork work great but i wish for a better one.
rims are verry heavy

love the bike ,very happy for the price i pay.
feels good and have confidans at all kind of ride xc ,all mountain ,agressive without damaging the bike.

Mike P   Cross Country Rider [Jan 10, 2005]
Strength:

Ride Quality, traction

climbing

Rode everything in the $1500 range,the ride quality is outstanding! Been riding over 30 years and try to get in 10+
miles a day on rooty NC singletrack - the only bikes that compared in ride quality were a friends Santa Cruz Blur ($4000+) and the Specialized Enduro Pro ($3000+) Both were much better climbers but with an upgrade to pro pedal shock my I-Drive will be sweet! Save a buncha' $$$ and get a really fun ride!

Similar Products Used: Specialized FSR, Jamis, Diamondback, Trek Fuel 90
Chad Cooper   Cross Country Rider [May 05, 2005]
Strength:

All around great bike, great components for the price.

I here Pacifica has bought out GT, And I have heard horror stories about there customer service and warranties. I just hope they are not tru!

I bought this as a discontinued '04 model about a month ago. Since then I have ridden this bike 4 to 5 times a day. I test rode several bikes prior to this one. I was set on the Cannondale prophet! But, my wife talked me into waiting one more day and trying another store. I rode this GT i-drive and fell in love with it. It functioned far superior in my opinion than the Phophet did. It had better components and braking system and the price was wayyy better than any bike in its class. It climbs and decends with ease. I am not an advanced rider, but I do enjoy the occassional drop-off and it has handled anything I have thrown at it so far!

Similar Products Used: Haro EX3, Specialized Enduro, Trek...........
eis   [Jun 14, 2004]
Strength:

awesome value for money compared to other bikes. Suspension front and back make for a seriously floating and advanced ride. Traction is incredible, very few points where wheels slip.
Downhills are way easier than the hardtail, and my back loves me.
Bike has great stability and just feels right flowing down the trail.
the i-drive makes for impressive suspension performance which does remain solid while pedaling but opens up with bumps. Disc brake fits with geomrty amaising.

Havent meet. For my perfect fit I bought little shorter pipe.

Awesome, comfortable bike, takes a while to get used to it , but once you get comfortable, it feels right in every situation. Easy to ride.
very good value too, i would buy it once more.