Giant Warp DS 2 XC Full Suspension

Giant Warp DS 2 XC Full Suspension

[Mar 10, 2013]
Tim Ehrenberg

Strength:

Everyone says it is the frame, and it is true-blue. You will wreck your body before you wreck this frame. Three hospital visits and she rolls fine! The "Rock Shocks" do fine for attacking city curbs head-on or logs and branches while off-trail.I would not ride without a multi-suspension as with the "Warp" system

Could be graphite and with thirty gripping speeds and under $10,000.00? Is thia possible?

The best by far for city, country, trail, or off-trail all combined.

[Jul 06, 2012]
craig nicolson

Strength:

Rock solid frame. I love the ergonomics of this bike. It is a good climber and feels steady as she goes on the downhills. Of course, this is all dependent on any such upgrades that you might make to the bike. I upgraded the lot but the frame is the key and I really rate it.

Weak stock components but isn't upgrading half the fun? Also, I found that when I tried to upgrade to a better rear derailleur (shimano xt shadow) the longer cage length really interfered with my tires whilst in the higher gears. Went to a medium cage length, which cleared the tires, but now I get a lot of noisy chain slap when ripping the downhills. Saying that, just stuck a $15 lizard skin on and we're good to go.

A solid frame ripe for upgrading. Don't pay too much up front, save your readies for some upgrades and you'll be happy as Larry. Guaranteed.

[Jan 02, 2011]
aral71

Strength:

CHEAP, STRONG, GIVE MORE THAN WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT !!! AND OF COURSE, CAME WITH CHEAP COMPONENTS BUT YOU CAN UPGRADE LATER !!! THE FRAME IS WHAT IT COUNTS !!!

THE ROUTE OF THE REAR DISC BRAKE WAS THE ONLY THING I FOUND WRONG WITH THIS BIKE, ANYTHING ELSE NONE !! ITS A SHAME, GIANT DONT DO ANYMORE THIS MODEL !!

ITS A GREAT BIKE !!! YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH THIS BIKE, WAS MY FIRTS TIME DUAL SUSPENSION BIKE AND I STILL LOVE IT !!! ITS A GREAT ALL MOUNTAIN BIKE, I DONT KNOW WHY THEY PUT THIS BIKE IN THE CATEGORY XC !!! MAYBE BECAUSE BRAND NEW COMES WITH SR SUNTOUR FORK 100MM, 21 GEARS SHIMANO, V BRAKES. BUT AFTHER TIME YOU CAN UPGRADE ALL THE COMPONENTS WHEN WEAR OUT. AND THE RESULT IS A GREAT BIKE !!! I WISH GIANT MAKE THIS MODEL AGAIN, BECAUSE FOR MY POINT OF VIEW, WAS A GREAT BIKE PLUS CHEAPER IN THAT TIME COMPARE WITH OTHER BRANDS !! GIANT RIGHT NOW HAVE THE MODEL YUKON FS BUT AT LEAST HERE IN MEXICO I THINK IS EXPENSIVE ALMOST ABOUT 1000 BUCKS !! COMPARE BACK IN TIME GIANT WARPS WAS NOT EXPENSIVE !!

AFTHER 4 YEARS RIDING THIS BIKE I GIVE 5 CHILLIS

JAMIS DAKAR COMP AND XLT, BULLIT 2009 SANTACRUZ, OTHERS

[Sep 11, 2009]
Snakedriver

Strength:

Great Entry Level Full Suspension Mountain Bike For The Money.Great Frame Durabilty Been Bounced Off Cabs And Buses While Riding The Streets Of New York City 5+ Years Still Going Strong.The Components Can Easily Be Upgraded To A Lighter Faster Cross Country Steed Cheaply Making A Good Bike A Much Better Bike

To Heavy For Intended Purpose Cross Country Race Bike. Front Fork Isn't That Great Depending On How Or Where Riding May Need To Upgrade Fork On Bike For Better Small/Large Bump Compliance. I Totally Suggest Upgrading To Avid BB7 Disc Brakes.Good Brakes Are Definitely Recommended No Matter Where Or How You Ride.

Alright When Used For The Intended Purpose Of Cross Country Racing The Bike Is A Bit Heavy But Excels For Intended Use. Its Also A Capable Downhill Rig, Freeride, Dirt Jump Bike But I Wouldn't Recommend Using It For Those Purpose More Then Once. Depending One Maybe One Time To Many For Those Other Options. My Frame With Me On It Has Been Bounced Off City Buses And Yellow Cabs God Only Knows How Many Times. Got Hit By A Speeding Ambulance Once Bent My Wheel Before I Got The WTB Dual Duty Rims.A Few Scratches. No Cracks Or Dents In It. The Frame Is Great Unless You Have A Specific Need. You Just May Have To Upgrade Some Of The Components To Suit Your Specific Needs

Some Crappy Pacific Bike That Lasted Maybe 6 Months. Raleigh M30.

[Mar 17, 2006]
Richard Knight

Strength:

Price, quality frame, mediocre components
Stock disc mounts front and rear
Full Suspension

Mediocre components can be upgraded as you see fit and they wear out. Somewhat heavy.
The Warp line is being discontinued by Giant. Get them while you still can.

Outstanding full suspension bike for XC/Rough Trails. For the price its unbeatable. Makes for a great fun off-road bike where the full-suspension keeps the bone jarring to acceptable levels. Easily rides over logs, rocks, roots, normal drops, with NO problems. You do need to spend the time to properly setup the suspension with the proper preloads and dampening. Doing so eliminates most (but not all) of the bobbing effect and gives you a great smooth ride over very rough terrain.

Overall, very satisfied with my purchase and look forward to lots more riding and upgrades.

Ignore the reviews from people that are surprised their $500 entry-level bike couldn't take race tracks and 9' drops to flat. It's not a $X000 race, downhill, freeride bike. Duh!

Test rode probably 20+ bikes. Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Gary Fisher, Diamondback, etc. There are better full suspension bikes but they are either MUCH more expensive or utter rubbish (Wal-Mart Bikes).

[Sep 24, 2005]
BaseRider

Strength:

Very nice bike for the price. I have riden it pretty hard with no complaints.

Front fork is spongy. It will be the first upgraded part. Comes with platform pedals. The grips lasted all of 3 months.

For a beginner or intermediate rider that has a strict budget I would highly recommend this bike. The frame is solid, the rear suspension is easily adjustable to your likeness.

Trek 820

[Mar 14, 2006]
Corey Guetter
Downhiller

Strength:

Not much, maybe the price before you have to replace EVERYTHING.

ok. first of all the frame snapped the foks blew and all of the components sucked. almost everything on the bike has been upgraded including the frame. i was given the newest version of the frame after snapping it.

Dont buy this bike unless you want to spend way more money on it than its worth. Its fine if you dont plan on doing anything bigger than rolling off of a curb. but if you plan on gapping 14 stair sets then your going to snap the frame. but the bike is fine after you replace EVERYTHING.

none besides my friends bikes.

[Jan 22, 2007]
Mitch Gadberry

Strength:

extremely durable, i've used it for free riding and down hilling and only the only thing that did not last is the fork.

The fork sucks

this bike is awesome, i've taken this trail bike off of five foot drops and it has held up fine, there's still no play in the swing arm, and only a little in the fork

Hardrock Comp
Norco Savage

[Feb 25, 2006]
john walker

Strength:

This bike is kick ass... very strong frame. This bike takes abuse like no other this price range. All the components are durable.

none so far.

Great all around mountain bike. I ride complex trails with a lot of speed zones and downhill terrain. This bike is perfect for me as it can handle and adapt well to multiple trail types. The comfortable suspencion adds to the handling. Its also nice how the rear can be adjusted to travel and rebound.

[Jan 04, 2007]
James Adams

Strength:

I love it all but the fork. The frame and rear shock are great and handle well. The frame has a lifetime warranty.

The fork is junk, but I replaced them. Cranks are square taper but they haven't failed... yet

I upgraded my bike because I wanted to not because i had to. The forks are easy to bottom if you drop more than a foot or two, but you can get a nice fork for a few hundred bucks. I would have loved to get a Reign or something made for All-mountain but I didn't have the money at the time. But, do I regret not waiting and getting a better bike... NO WAY!!! For the $1400 (all together) I have spent on this bike, I can't find a better one. I love the components, the frame is plenty strong for a good 6-7ft drop, and the brakes have way exceeded my expectations. I can bomb a hill and the brakes are fine. No wash out. I would give the Warp 10 flamin turds if I could. If you find one you won't be disappointed. This is the best $500 F/S bike you can buy.