Giant Warp DS 1 XC Full Suspension

Giant Warp DS 1 XC Full Suspension

[Nov 16, 2014]
Elvis

Strength:

Affordable (I paid under $50 for mine, used), not too heavy, rides nice, simple rear suspension design

The stock parts spec is mediocre, not light either

I got this used at a flea market. The first thing I did was ride it a bit. Eventually I took the parts off. The fork was a coil Judy, way heavy. The rims and disc brakes went on my ss hardtail, the bb and 175 cranks on another singlespeed bike. I ultimately ended up completely rebuilding the frame except for the headset and rear shock/pivot. I added 170mm triple cranks, a RST Megaan Air shock I got for free, and used a front friction shifter. I hooked up V-brakes.

The frame rides good offroad. You can also cruise around on it. The stock rear shock has a
"lock out" feature virtually rendering the bike a hardtail. Also you can adjust it to have more or less resistance, great for someone like me who is not so lite any more. The fork I added is lighter than the stock fork and also has a lockout. More important than the lockout is the weight distribution. With a lighter fork the bike handles much more evenly.

I am not a fan of dual suspension bikes generally, but I noticed when riding this offroad over my local trail I went faster than I did on my hardtail, so maybe there is a benefit there! However it is not as light and never will be.

In short, if you can get one cheap and rebuild it yu go a ice inexpensive dual suspension xc bike.

OVERALL
[Sep 02, 2012]
Vince Daniels
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

The best overall feature about this bike is The full suspension. allowing for the smoothest ride possible. barley feel bumps or the difference in terrain.
Great uphill and Downhill speed.
Off Road speed is amazing, Haven't found many bikes that come close to the speed i can achieve on this bike off road.
However the road speed is average, but not bad.
Tires have Great deep tread for mud/Rocky condition.
Brakes are great, allowing you stop almost instantly (Disc brakes)

Road speed is average. But not bad.
The brakes are very strong and exact. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH THE FRONT BRAKE ALONE. could end pretty bad.

Overall I say that this is One of the best off-road bikes money can buy.
The best suspension I have ever had on a bike. Personally I think its the best full suspension bike you can buy.
I think that anyone that buys this bike will be above satisfied.

OVERALL