Gary Fisher Supercaliber XC Full Suspension

Frame 6066 Hydroformed butted aluminum mainframe butted aluminum mainframe | OCLV carbon chainstays and seatstays | G2 geometry

Wheels Bontrager Race Disc, Bontrager Dry X, 26x2.1", 120 tpi, folding

Componentry Shimano LX shifters, Shimano LX front derailleur, Shimano XT 'Shadow' rear derailleur, Shimano LX 44/32/22 crank, SRAM PG970 11-32, 9 speed cassette, Avid Juicy 5 hydraulic disc brakes, 160mm rotors | (Full Specs)

Suspension Fox F 100 RL w/air pressure, rebound, lockout, alloy steerer, 100mm travel, G2 offset | Fox Float RP2 w/air pressure, Pro Pedal, rebound, 6.5x1.5"

Sizes SM (16") | MD (17.5") | LG (19") | XL (21") | (Sizing)

Color(s) Chi Red

Phil   Cross Country Rider [Nov 20, 2012]
Strength:

wow where to begin light Weight, unbeliveably fast with the tubeless set up right it is really outstanding this is my first high end bike i had ridden a trek fuel e8 and i felt at the time it was to light and not a bike for me and it was a 19 this is a 21 and i weigh 270!! big guy for this bike but the propedel really works i notice 70% less bobbing and the travel is greatly and noticeable reduced with the lil rubber marker, i love the bike it stops amazingly well even my freind said it stops as fast as his 185mm disc bike it is outstanding and it was the reviews that made me want it orig price 4300, 3850 plus tax i got it for 900 so based on all in all i cant see a better bike outthere climbs so fast the front comes off the ground every other pedal on a steep climb and it is just the bomb for me i started with a tassajara then oved up to thins with no regrets and it is lighter than the fuel e8 %stars but like others why did this superior design go bye bye it is missed im sure making this the ultimate collectors item as well as state of the art bike. PM Las Vegas

paint thats all the paint is bueatiful but is senseative to anything but easy to over look with all the stunning features

cant beat the bike for the price still competitive with 2012 and new 2013 bikes out and attractive as ever and moreso than most it offers a geat all around ride even some say its racer only i find it pleaseant in all riding enviroments and very versitile bike.. as the saying goes..

GARY FISHER, the first and last name in road & mountain bikes

Similar Products Used: tassajara trek fuel e8 and wahoo
nighthawkrsx   Weekend Warrior [Apr 30, 2010]
Strength:

Excellent build G2 Geometry Rules + carbon OCLV rear is sweet. Nice high-end components Fox, Shimano and Bontrager Race. This bike handles like its on rails the suspension is great and lockout does it's job. If you are looking for a XC racer this bike will make you proud. This bike is superlight.

Bontrager seat looks nice but is very harsh on the behind. Bontrager handle bars are too short. Front derailler should be upgraded. Paint rub from cables seems like almost every bike has this just slap on some lizard skins and you are good to go.

This is a great MTB worth every penny. I got this bike for a steal at $900 from a swell guy the bike was in Like-New Condition.

Similar Products Used: Trek Fuel EX7, Schwinn, Giant Trance
Gene95   Weekend Warrior [Aug 31, 2009]
Strength:

Light weight, Fast on uphills, downhills & Straightaways. Great on cross country trails.

This is my first expensive mountain bike. I love how Gary Fisher made this bike. I ride my bike every other day for 15-30miles.. I never thought I'd love to ride, but this bike made a difference. I look forward for more Gary Fisher MTN Bikes in the future. This investments was well worth it. Thanks to Mgr Raul at Trek San Diego in Chula Vista.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Mountain bike
xcgy73   Cross Country Rider [Apr 18, 2009]
Strength:

This bike is great on single track. I have owned several full sup and hard-tail bikes and nothing beats a Gary Fisher.

I wish the Bontrager parts were a little better, but I have to say that they have improved over the years.

I think Gary Fisher is still the king of the hill when it comes to making a bike that can stand up to its rep. I love the way this bikes climbs and it soaks up the single track. If u cant tell by now I am a huge Gary Fisher fan but thats because I have tried other brands and keep coming back the the gen geo that makes these bikes so great. Keep it up Gary....

Similar Products Used: Fisher Paragon, Sugar 2 , Sugar 1, Intense Tracer, Trek Fuel. Tested Giants Ellsw, spec, ect ect
theextremist04   Cross Country Rider [Mar 15, 2009]
Strength:

lightweight, stiff, aggressive geometry, good for racing, decent parts spec

a single-purpose bike; not good for anything but XC racing; bad paint

First of all, I've had it about six months and put about 600 miles on it.

It's a really good XC/endurance racing bike. It feels very fast, relatively plush for the amount of travel (the OCLV rear triangle probably helps a lot.) I don't know how big of a difference the G2 geo makes; I've never had any bikes that have huge issues with handling. It feels fairly stiff, but I weigh around 140lbs so basically everything does to me.

As another reviewer said, I've had some issues with the cables rubbing the paint off/a few chips in the paint.

As far as the suspension goes, I wish it had something besides the Fox; the new SID would be much more appropriate for what the bike is designed for. However, I haven't had any issues with what the bike has. The rear suspension design is decent, but you can forget getting out of the saddle for climbs without large amounts of bob or ProPedal on.

All in all though, this is a very nice bike if you just ride XC.

Similar Products Used: Trek top fuel series
JAKEEFER   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2009]
Strength:

Light (for spec), stiff, sharp handling, fast xc race bike, great climber

won't suit non-race types, stiff, came out mid season

I bought this bike from the shop where I work out on closeout. Fisher released it mid season and got stuck with a lot of them. EXCELLENT DEALS TO BE HAD! On to the bike... It's 100mm front and 90mm rear suspension is all you need for xc racing and the bike is exceptionally well suited for this task. It's not cushy, it's not your couch, it's a firm racing suspension. The fit is totally race, this is not a sit upright "trail" bike like the Hifi. This bike handles very sharply and steers super fast. It handles small jumps well, climbs amazingly and eats up singletrack. The only downside is that the suspension can be tricky to set up. You have to set the lag on the rear shock and due to the genesis geometry you have to set up the front fork by feel.