Gary Fisher Cake 1 XC Full Suspension

• Hayes hydraulic levers
  • Shimano M750 XT rear derailleur
  • Bontrager Race Disc Specific wheelsystem

Greg   Weekend Warrior [Jan 15, 2007]
Strength:

Super super quick. Very responsive. Perfect cockpit for me. Shocks. Other components.

Brake system doesn't seem to work perfectly. Impossible to get any adjustment on the front.

I'm about as anal as they come so everything has to be perfect. That said, I have never felt this comfortable on any bike... scratch that... anyTHING! I wish I was a better mechanic. Having a nice bike means having a bike that needs a little more attention.

Similar Products Used: Trek 4500
Paul   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2007]
Strength:

amazing frameset and the spv shock works beautifully, even for a clydesdale

makes my GF Sugar just sit and collect dust

I love this bike. Frame geometry seems perfect for me. Climbs like a goat and floats over the bumps. Would never buy one with stock components, but set up the way I want it never dissapoints.

Similar Products Used: Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ disc
allen laneville   Weekend Warrior [Dec 03, 2006]
Strength:

Agile.

Everyone would like a lighter. I didn't care for the stock saddle right out of the box.

I have no complaints because this bike got the parts needed to make it lighter before leaving the store. I upgraded from V-brakes to disc. This is my only complaint. I should have gone with the Avid Juicy's. I have not had good luck with the Hayes.
If I went with the stock bike I would not have been happy! Make sure you have a little extra cash in your budget for upgrades to make your ride what you want it to be.

Similar Products Used: 2001 Cannondale Raven 3000.