Fuji Outland RC XC Full Suspension

Sizes XS, S, M, L
Color(s) Charcoal Gray/Black
Main frame A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted, integrated head tube, curved top and down tube, CNC'D hollow box section BB, water bottle mount
Rear triangle A-6 Quaternary phase alloy, custom butted w/ Four Bar linkage system 100m travel, Cold forged dropout with CNC'D disc mount and replaceable hanger, Sealed bearing pivots
Fork Rock Shox Reba Team 32mm stanchions, Alloy steerer 100mm travel w/ Motion Control and PopLoc remote
Rear Shock Rock Shox Monarch 3.3 w/Motion Control and 3 position Switch Floodgate
Crankset Shimano XT Hollow Tech II w/Integrated spindle, 22/32/44T
Bottom bracket Shimano Exterior Bearing System
Pedals Nil
Front derailleur Shimano XT, 34.9mm
Rear derailleur Shimano XT Shadow Top normal
Shifters Shimano XT Rapid Fire, 27-speed
Cassette Shimano XT, 11-34T 9-speed
Chain Shimano HG-73
Wheelset Shimano XT Tubeless Disc, 26"
Tires Schwalbe Racing Ralph UST, 26 X 2.25"
Tube Nil
Seat post Ritchey WCS Alloy, 350mm
Seat clamp Fuji Superlite Alloy, 34.9mm Laser Etched
Weight, lb./kg. 26.25/11.90

rockhoppermtb   All Mountain Rider [Jul 21, 2016]
Strength:

Price, lightweight, good components

Travel, sizing/geometry

I bought one of these when pricepoint had them super cheap. Fantastic bike at $1300. My medium frame with pedals fully built weighs in under 27 lbs. I swapped out the fork for a 120mm travel and it made a world of a difference. Still a great XC bike, but now I can hit some harder downhill and rock sections. Overall the bike is a great blend of lightweight aluminum and good components. A few parts swapped and you can have a decent budget bike. I'd definitely buy again. I'm 5'8" and 180lbs but even being on the heavy side once the suspension is set up this thing rocks! Make sure to use the climbing setting on the rear shock and bob is almost eliminated, not completely though which I think is a good thing to increase grip.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC Pro
fatadkins   Weekend Warrior [Dec 07, 2010]
Strength:

great ergonomics,good climber,great in the rocks,stable

a little heavy

after trashing my cannondale f5 frame i found this one used through my lbs. i bought it with a truvativ noir and 3.3 monarch already installed(i know, it was hell of a deal)for $350. the ergonomics are very similar to my cannondale.this bike is a beast on the trails. it climbs great,descends great and does everything else great. the rear suspension is a specialized design.also you need to know that fuji sizes run big, i ride a large cdale or 19 and my fuji is a medium 19.im 5'10" and it is a perfect fit.if you're not a weight snob this bike is awesome. definitely recommended.

Similar Products Used: cannondale f5 hardtail,diamondback response(old)
pancakemassacre   Cross Country Rider [Jun 10, 2010]
Strength:

stiff, fairly comfy , feels real safe going down and letting off the brakes, and my climbing improved dramatically

mine is a little heavy , due to money constraints and the wheelset i am using .

I LOVE IT, my friends rag me about riding a fuji but i just blow em off , it preforms and if im slow it because i am slow not the bike!

Brian   Racer [Dec 03, 2009]
Strength:

Light, xtr, fast, very strong, looks great

Nothing yet.

Had the Fuji Pro (Blue) really liked it, bought the Specialized Epic Expert, did not even compare, sold the epic and bought the Fuji RC Frame 2008. Light as heck 25lbs. During races I feel like I'm riding in the bike not on top of it. Holds steady in hard turns, climbs and decends great. I used to think and did buy the 4-k 6-k bikes. Don't get fooled, this bike hold and goes to war with the best of them. Once you find the bike that fits, hold onto it. This one does. Total upgrades $3,000.00 and I have never felt better. I will not get fooled again.

Similar Products Used: Specialized pro line easy.
Jay   Racer [Jul 16, 2007]
Strength:

Ritchey WCS componenets,Cane Creek Wheels and rear shock,Rock Shox Reba fork,xt/xtr stuff Pretty solid bike for the money.

Paint peels off, pedal bob no matter how much air you put in, original tires are heavy and wear out fast.

The bike was bought through a sponsorship program so the price was right. If I had to do it over again, i would have done a little more research. Doing long races I have noticed that the continuous pedal bob wears you down. If its efficiency you are looking for then I suggest you look elswhere or go with the 2007 model which appears to be a more efficient design. I would say that I am satisfied with my bike after a couple of minor changes(Tires,Seatpost,Grips) but I am not overly impressed.