Fezzari Wiki Peak XC Full Suspension

Fezzari's entry level full-suspension mountain bike, the Wiki Peak, gets the fun started with our latest full-suspension F4A frame. The new frame for 2013 is lighter and stronger than 2012 and provides better pedaling up and down hills with less bob, better performance and durability with sealed bearings on the pivots, lower standover clearance to jump on and off easier, a slightly more relaxed head angle (69 degrees) improved control in cornering and descending, and appearances that are second to none.

Why go full suspension over hardtail? You’ll be able to go farther with less fatigue because the bike will absorb more of the bumps that your body would normally absorb.

Who will enjoy this bike? The Wiki Peak is perfect for not only casual riders who just want an extremely comfortable all-around bike, but also more aggressive riders who are entering the world of full-suspension bikes and want the durability and performance of a Fezzari.

Check out more reviews on the new Wiki Peak 29er here.

ridein-out   All Mountain Rider [Sep 11, 2016]
Strength:

Riding
XC
Durable

Too much abuse.

Has gotten me through some rough stuff. Been punishing on this bike, riding downhill trail (jumping, etc), holds up excellent. Only have had wheel, fork, and seat fail ( all probably my fault). Pick a good set of wheels and tires and your ready to go. I ride the old model (26" wheels), was my first bike (managed to win my very 1st race). Very satisfied and impressed, would not hesitate to buy from this company again, provided me great service in many ways. Believe their frames are of the higher quality.

Similar Products Used: Not much
Nathan   Cross Country Rider [Mar 10, 2012]
Strength:

Gets me up and down the Mountain just as fast as every one else on their $3,000 bikes.

Heavy, sometimes wish the front shock was a little cushier

It's not a featherweight, but it doesn't limit me from riding and enjoying the trails. Unless you're a serious racer (and 80% of people reading this aren't) I don't feel like this bike would limit you in any way. I'm not a die hard, but the bike is good enough to take on any trail I'm willing to ride. My buddy has the same bike, used it for riding all season (and Ogden Xterra) and, like me, feels like his legs limit him way more than the bike. I might upgrade sometime if I have the cash to burn, but not for anything less than a Santa Cruz Carbon Blur XC etc.
For a new bike, the value is the best I've seen... and I looked!

Similar Products Used: Cannondale Scalpel, POS Diamond Back in high school
Mantooth   Weekend Warrior [Oct 10, 2011]
Strength:

Comfortable, full suspension at a price much less than other brands. The WTB is one of the best I've sat in.

Build quality and company is unable to supply product as advertised.

Problem # 1) After doing some research and hearing a co-worker rave about his Nebo Peak, I decided to give Fezzari a try. I called the sales office, provided my measurements and CC #. I was told my bike should ship in 2 weeks but that I would be getting a 2012 model instead of a 2011 at the same price. Of course I was stoked about this. Well, the 2 week mark came and I hadn't heard a peep from Fezzari nor had I gotten a ship confirm saying my bike had shipped. I call the office and I'm told that the shipment of new frames would not be in for another 2 months. I kindly tell them thanks but no thanks since the season would almost be over at that point. The salesperson says sorry and we conclude the call. Shortly after that I get a call from the manger who now claims they have a 2010 frame in the warehouse that they can ship by the next day. At this point I'm just wanting a bike so I agree without arguing for a cheaper price since the frame is one model year old. I did however clarify that it was a brand new frame and not a return or demo. Anyway, my new bike shows up at my door a week later. At this point I'm somewhat happy...however it would have been nice to get the bike I ordered at the price I paid.

Problem 2) After getting things put together I began to do a parts check of my bike based on the spec sheet I printed off the internet. Surprisingly enough, I discover that I got a crappy pair of Tektro Novela instead of the Avid BB5 advertised on the sheet. I called the sales office and told them about the brake issue and they shipped me a new set of BB5s. While the service was fast and painless, it would have been nice to get the correct brakes instead of the disc scrappers that came on it.

Problem 3) This one is mostly responsible for the 2 rating. After riding the bike 130 miles or so I noticed the right side of the crank started to creak when I was putting some power to it. I was intending on taking the bike to my trusted LBS for its 100 mile tune on Monday so I didn't pay too much attention to it. So I go to pick it up today from my LBS and learn from the mechanic that he spent most of the morning on it overhauling the bottom bracket and adjusting the rear to get rid of the 1/2 of travel, not the good kind of travel either, that he found. He ended up completely cleaning, re greasing and tightening each pivot point to make the bike tight as it should be. In his words, "the bike was a mess". The 130 miles I put on it were all road miles.

While I probably ended up with a bike I like and will enjoy riding...it's been somewhat of a hassle. In hindsight, I would not order over the internet again and in the future will go back to supporting my LBS since issues like these would be easily fixed under warranty and wouldn't cost me any out of pocket money.

Similar Products Used: Giant
itsmejoshuad   Weekend Warrior [Sep 05, 2011]
Strength:

this is for the 2011 model.
solid frame, handles wups and rocks at a good rate of speed.
darts 3 fork (stock) have already needed to be resealed. but was being a little harsh on it.

the alex dp17 wheels need to be replace instantly for any type of off road or trail riding.

this is a great bike for trail riding and lite downhill w/couple foot drops max. i think with new wheels and more comp. forks this bike could hand any weekend warrior.
I would strongly recommend ordering this bike with entry level mavic wheels, which are available from fezzari.
if had the chance to order again, would order the entry level all mountain w/xc gearing.

Similar Products Used: first full suspention
imhotep   Cross Country Rider [Jun 09, 2011]
Strength:

Frame structure, cool paint White (pearl)/Green and better components for the price...

None so far!!!

This was an upgrade from my old cheap bike and man!!!! its like no where near it... Got it in 2 days it was well packed and easy to setup! definitely lighter... Climbing is now less stress with its 9 speed and good avid mech disc break stops the bike in a dime!!! Worth the price in any way... I LOVE IT!!!

Fezzari's customer service is amazing! though when i ordered to bikes (one is for my brother) "abajo peak" it didn't came with a pedal which SUCKS! and the shirt that they promise wasn't there either... But when i called they immediately solve the problem by shipping the item that same day...

Similar Products Used: Diamondback, Specialized
jmike   Weekend Warrior [Oct 21, 2010]
Strength:

Frame is great - solid and rides really nice. Shifting is smooth and the brakes work great. This is a great bike.

None.

I wondered on these other reviews how some people had paid less for the bike. But I talked with Fezzari and they said that the new Wiki is in a totally different category than the older ones with lockouts on the front and back, better components, etc. Bottom line: I couldn't be more happy. I think it's the best value bike out there.

Similar Products Used: Giant, Specialized.
Irish9443   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2010]
Strength:

Great frame
Great value

Some of the components are cheap

This is a great full suspension beginner bike but upgrade the components as you progress in the sport because some of them are cheap. But the actual frame on the bike is amazing and is an outstanding value. This bike can handle anything if you upgrade it accordingly.

Wade   Cross Country Rider [Jan 15, 2010]
Strength:

Great bike for the money.

Fezzari is a great company. I had a couple of questions about the bike and the customer service was great. I've flown this bike with me to different parts of the country, it's performed well in all terrain.

aznsmartj0ck   Weekend Warrior [Jul 06, 2009]
Strength:

Very solid bike, just about everything was set up very well when the bike came

Brakes aren't the best, but pretty decent for a 115 lb rider like myself

I would definitely recommend this bike. I've taken it on a lot of trails, and it has never failed to perform. I especially like the offset chainstays...very solid cornering.
Suspension components are quite good as well.

Similar Products Used: none
Matt P   Weekend Warrior [May 19, 2008]
Strength:

Free custom set up WoW, truly amazing this bike fits like a glove. It's a true mule and has no problems climing the hills of Austin, Tx. It's not ment for jumping off roof tops or anything but it shreds the rocky terrain I put her to and I am a happy camper. I just cant wait to do a few custom up-grades like rear shock and breaks to make her a true beauty. If you are looking for real performace, head turner, and some extra cash in your pocket, this is the bike. I searched all the web-site forums and local bike shops but in the end took a chance with an online order and been nothing but pleased. This frame is a mamoth the over sized tubing and welds are so smooth, plus the rear swing arms square tubing is tough as it gets.

Brakes, yes they could be up-graded in the future but I will start with new disks first and then go to hydrolic components, they all squeek in the end. Is anyone ever happy with a stock ride, I know I'm not so there will always be something I wan't to change. I busted the rear shock the first week but I blame myself for having it adjusted too tight and jumping a five foot stair case, it just got a little gushy after that. Chris @ Fezzari had no problem sending me a new replacement for free. You really cant expect the best from entry level shocks at such a great price.

Overall huge bang for the buck. Everone I talk to is truly impressed, even the local bike shops are like man where did you get your bike? Best thing too was the customer service I received when purchasing I spoke to the same person everytime I called. Thanks Chris, this bike kicks ass.

Similar Products Used: I have been out a ride for about three years when I had to get rid of my Trek 960 when the cranks broke on me in the middle of the forest, sad story. It was time for something new and interesting. Just tired of the same ole bike shop BS. I tested a similar KHS XC204 and there wasn't much difference, but a huge difference in price. Like 5-Bill's