Fezzari Abajo Peak XC Full Suspension

Fezzari Abajo Peak XC Full Suspension

For 2013 we redesigned the Abajo Peak making it even lighter and stronger than before. We redesigned F4A frame while using the same great components that has made the Abajo Peak Fezzari's most popular cross country bike. Who will enjoy this bike? Moderate to advanced riders and those doing more climbing. With the Abajo Peak, you’ve got everything you need to tackle all the trails.

FRAME TECH

• Tapered Headtube
  • FRD Tetra Lnk 526
  • Sealed Oversized Bearings
  • Dual Bridge Post
  • Frame Defense Technology
  • Hydroformed Alloy Tubing
  • It has a bend in the top tube to give lower standover clearance because often when you need to put a foot down on the trail you're not on level ground and you need as much clearance as you can get.
  • The rear triangle has square tubing to give added strength and stiffness to the frame.
  • Reinforced gussets in the right places to give it superior lateral stiffness
  • Butting (thinning the tubing walls in the right places) to lower weight.
  • ISCG Mounts for expanded drivetrain option compatibility.

Check out more reviews on the new Abajo Peak 29er here.

[Oct 11, 2018]
ljchdavid

Strength:

My Abajo Peak is very solid on UpState NY and Vt. x-c and downhill trails. All components have performed well so far. I’ve added a dropper post and swapped out the 27.5s with 29ers. The 27.5 + set up really handles the most technical trails with out any issues. Also rides well on packed snow with the pressure low on these 27.5 x 2.8” tires.

It’s a little heavier than my Trek Stash 5 mid fatty.

2000
2018
[Oct 06, 2018]
Illiterati

Strength:

I love this bike. It deserves its five star rating. It is nimble, playful -- just a whole lot of fun! (But it is always also somehow simultaneously stable and predictable). As soon as I demo-ed it, this bike, at $2000, enticed me away from the 4-6k bikes I had been looking to buy. The drive train has been smooth and reliable. The shocks easy to dial in to perfection. Regarding gearing, I was disappointed when I saw it didn't have a dinner plate gear. Salesman promised I would not need it and said he would change the gearing if I needed it. I didn't need to take him up on it, as the gearing is perfect. Brakes are great (with adjustment explained below). Sales staff were great. Again, LOVE it.

Not perfect, however. These issues were all easily solvable but existed in both my bike and my buddy's Abajo he bought a month later. One, we wish they put bigger disc on rear brakes, so I had to switch out myself, which MADE a huge difference and should be stock. Second, both our bikes had a shaky front end. Finally pinpointed need for different bolt/cap on neck. This solved problem on both bikes. Don't know why that isn't solved by Fezarri. Both bikes made a strange sound we call the Fezarri Creak. Made the same sound on both of our bikes, a sound we could not pinpoint, a sound we had not heard on any other bike but three of four Fezarri demos, but that Fezarri sales and service said they didn't know what we are talking about, but again showed up on both of our bikes. It was going to drive us crazy; we were going to return them. We checked post, adjusted shocks, cleaned out dust, and nothing solved though each thing seemed to mitigate a bit -- until eventually just went away on both bikes! One more thing: the seats suck. Another easy solution, but still wish something so small was already taken care of. Once we got past these issues, everything else was as closed to perfect as I've ridden.

$2000
2018
[Oct 05, 2018]
NH-OT

Strength:

Im an intermediate, but experienced rider and have to say getting a bike with this level of quality components and frame design has been s a game changer. At close to 50yo and not very fit, I can again hit the singletrack technical trails with this baby. After about 20 hours and 3 serious technical rides, I feel there is little this bike wont do. I have ridden from day one with the out of box set-up and beyond not knowing exactly how it should perform, this thing has not provided one problem. It is the easiest bike I have had to manage tight turns and takes hits witih little change in balance or direction. The 29" tires are brand new to me so a little intimidating at first, but the handling is second to none.

17.5 frame on the 29" wheels feels large for my 5'8" frame. Not having gear indicator is difficult with such a short chainstay when looking is impossible.

1999.00
2017
[Apr 10, 2012]
Rich Paxman

Strength:

Great Frame. I'm 290 LB and it feels very stiff to me. With shocks locked out, it almost feels like I'm on my old hard fork cro molly giant. Quality components for the price. Good lookin imo :) Had a few people ask me about it on the trail.

Gearing does need to be adjusted. Sometimes when I click to move gears, there is a delayed gear change or the gear does not change at all. This happens rarely, however. As soon as the new cables have stretched, I'll have it adjusted.

Overall, I'm very happy with the bike. I've put around 40 HARD trail miles on it and it still feels like new. I'm a big guy at 290 LBS and I've certainly stressed the bike. At my weight, the shocks are a bit weak, especially the rear shock. I'm running at 265 PSI in the rear ario shock and the o ring indicator doesn't have far to go before it falls off. I may try the max of 275 psi. Maybe I ought to quit jumping it it :)

I did upgrade the front shock to a Recon silver solo air for $165 additional as it seemed a better choice for my size. It's performing like a champ.

Bike feels light and well balanced to me.

I was a bit worried about the alex rims after reading some bad reviews, but they are staying true after some hard hits.

Customer service has been great before and after the sale. Alot better than my LBS.

I did alot of research and this bike felt like the right buy. Now I know it was.

[Jul 04, 2011]
sheer

Strength:

Excellent hill climber, lightweight, very nimble and quick. Downhill ride is very nice, the suspension responds well without trying to buck the rider. Brakes work well.

Shifters/derailleurs are the achilles hill of this bike. They work okay for most riders but anyone who tasks this bike will dislike the gear train. Although the tuning dials in it falls short for a bike of this price range.

Great bike will do any technical riding you throw at it.

[Jun 28, 2011]
Highbury

Strength:

The frame is solid and very well built.

It came with deore shifters, but they work great for now. I plan on upgrading to XT shifters.

At first, I was a bit concern about ordering a bike online. I have always purchased bikes at local shops. However, after reading reviews about the Abajo Peak, I decide to take a chance. It paid off! The bike looks and feels awesome. The guys at Fezzari are true bike experts. They took my measurements and built the bike to my specifics. When the bike arrived, it was 95% assembled. I just slapped the front wheel on, clamped the handlebars, and seat post..that easy!

If you are looking for an awesome bike, great price, and excellent customer service, the Fezzari Abajo Peak is no joke!

Santa Cruz Heckler, XT, Fox Shock, WTB, and Avid Juicy, Mavics, Kenda tires, Thompson seatpost, Easton bars.

[Jun 13, 2011]
Rich

Strength:

Customer support, Quality components, meets all expectations

none so far

Great bike and a great value. Fezzari has lived up to everything they advertise including several phone converations to answer questions prior to and after my purchase. Aside from a few minor adjustments and regular
maintanence the bike performs. I am very satisfied.

entry level Specialized hardtail

[Jun 06, 2011]
Jeff

Strength:

Cool looking bike and rides decent.

Shifter sticks, front derailur rattles on jumps, brakes need adjusting

Do not buy a bike online, especially from Fezzari! When I recieved my bike and it wasn't right they basically told me there was nothing they could do. They checked it when it shipped so they were covered. I will be taking it to a local bike shop to get it set up (see product weaknessness) because it was not ready to ride out of the box like promised.

Fezzari promises a free 30 day trial period since you can't test ride the bike but what they fail to mention is they put a 15 percent restocking fee on it so it can be very pricey if you are not satisfied.

The bike itself isn't all that bad. It rides decent and its made up of some pretty good parts. I love the locking suspension in the front and back. Highly recommond that to anyone that plans on climbing any type of hill. But I still would NOT buy online or over the phone. It is nothing but headache when something goes wrong and the company doesn't want to help you out. Not to mention I had to wait nearly 2 months before I finally got the bike after I bought it. If you live somewhere near their Utah HQ you may consider looking into the bike because overall it is not bad. Otherwise I would be very skeptically.

[Apr 21, 2011]
Morpheus0026

Strength:

Price (overall value - you get a lot for your money), Deore XT Derailers, Lock out shocks on Both front and Rear, weight

None so far

I was a bit apprehensive about dropping almost a grand and a half on a bike that I had never ridden. The reviews were so great and I saw everything I needed to see to make me feel comfortable on the website.

I haven't looked back since.

I received my bike yesterday and was able to take it for a short ride. I tested it for about an hour on-road and some varied off-road terrain and I must say I’m very pleased. It doesn’t take long to figure out that this is a high quality bike. This is a HUGE upgrade from the ‘04 Fisher hard-tail I was riding…which was also a nice bike I might add in its day.

I was really impressed by the quality of the frame. It’s really easy to tell that that the frame was meticulously crafted with strength and durability in mind. The frame has a very sturdy, solid feel to it. The bike overall is surprisingly light, considering the beefy look of the frame. It was so light that when the box arrived and I lifted it to bring it into my house, I thought for sure there were some missing parts.

I love the Deore XT derailers, they shift incredibly smoothly compared to the Deore LX I’m used to. This is the first “full-squish” I’ve owned and I love that I can lock out the front and rear shock on the fly. It makes for a smooth transition from a hard tail.

Overall, I’m hugely impressed and very happy with my purchase. The bike just looks cool too. I’m looking forward to a many rides with this rig. I will be recommending Fezzari to my friends, but don’t think I’ll have to say a word when they see the bike for themselves.

This is my first full squish...my previous bike was an '04 Gary Fisher Tasajarra

[Dec 07, 2010]
xrdsoutback

Strength:

One word: Fast. It's so fun to ride. I'm always looking for an excuse to get out and ride it. I've ridden it for 6 months and it rides the same as day one. I ride almost every kind of trail and it handles them great. I'm saving up now to get one for my wife.

None at all.

Best bike in this price range by far. No hesitations in recommending it.

Specialized FSR, Giant Trance