Fetish Cycles Seduction XC Full Suspension

• Suspension Travel: 2"-2.5"
  • Material: Columbus triple butted aluminum and carbon
  • Headtube: Cane Creek IS2 integrated

• User Reviews (5)

thuczel   Downhiller [Jan 08, 2012]
    Strength:

Light weight

The seat post clamp broke after a few runs. The swing-arm snapped on one side after a year and the lower carbon part is about to also. I couldn't find replacement parts nor could I locate even the Fetish website anymore to contact them directly for a whole new sub-frame.

Fun to ride but not for serious downhill or heavy trail riding. For the price of the whole frame by its self is too much for a poorly designed swing-arm

Steve   Cross Country Rider [May 29, 2008]
    Strength:

Light, responsive, fast, looks, value.

Twitchy, 26" wheels. You can't test ride them.

I was looking for a light bike for racing and this was it. I've ended up not racing all that much but kept this around through last season for epic rides and the odd race. Finally sold it when I decided to go 29" across the board. Like another guy said, this bike would kick ass in a 29er because the scant suspension would then be plenty. I agree that it feels like more than 2.5". It was a good bike even for fun riding, like Gooseberry. I did, however, crack the chain stay so maybe that wasn't the best idea. Fetish replaced the rear triangle, no problem, and said it was the first they'd seen of this. Anyway, this bike is built for racing. Not plush, but a lot plusher than my rigid Rig and plusher and faster in techie stuff than my 22lb hardtail. While it was heavier than spec'd, it felt ultra light and accelerated like a demon. I didn't love the twitchy handling (but that's how race bikes tend to handle) and the R7 fork but it's super light and better, IMHO, than a SID. I weight 175. I lighter rider might find the R7 fine. I got a screaming deal on ebay but these bikes are hard to find and test ride. As to what to expect, the Seduction feels quite a bit like an Epic.

Similar Products Used: GT i-drve, Specialized Epic, Anasazi Titanium hardtail, lots of 29" bikes
    Michael Schick   Cross Country Rider [Jan 14, 2008]
    Strength:

This bike is fast. I didn't really understand what people meant when they said this but after riding the Seduction I fully understand. This bike climbs like a rabbit. The control of this bike is fabulous. The new Fox shock is tops and helps the back end stay down on the rough stuff.

It is surly not as plush of a ride as my Santa Cruz Heckler... :)

The Seduction is bad ___ and should be on every xc racers wish list. Fast and controllable ready for the race track.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz Heckler
    Kallan Creager   Racer [Dec 10, 2007]
    Strength:

Everything on this bike is light weight so if you want to fly through the hills on any race course this bike is the best bike for you.

The paint scratches easy and makes it not look as cool.

If you want a pure cross country machine this bike is probably the best bike out there for any course. This bike excels on the climbs but unlike a hardtail that punishs you through the knarly down hills this bike soaks it up and allows you to descend with more confidence. You can feel this think accelerate as soon as you turn the cranks and it has very responsive cornering. Buy one if you want a bike that flies on cross country courses. Dont buy it if you huck your bike off 8 foot drops and treat your bike like a red headed stepchild.

Similar Products Used: Titus Racer X. Jamis dakar. Ellsworth Truth. Canondale scalpel 08'.
    Ken   Cross Country Rider [Nov 27, 2007]
    Strength:

This is a really incredible XC race bike. The suspension is awesome. My other bike is a Titus Racer X 100, which I ride pretty stiff. The normal setup on the Seduction feels almost exactly like the stiff setup on the Titus Racer X. Where the Seduction really shines though, is on the climbs, it climbs better than any other bike I've ever ridden - better than my Titus Racer X. I find myself choosing to ride the Seduction if there is lots of climbing and/or the course isn't to harsh. It doesn't have alot of travel, so it's a pretty harsh ride on really rough courses - my Racer X is a little more plush since I can set it up to us more travel. The Seduction is also very lite, the frame weighs less than almost any other full-susp. It feels like it gets more travel than advertised - the botton carbon flex arm just seems to give a great "feel", and it just pushes the backend into the ground, again, great climbing bike. THis bike is FAST!!

It doesn't have alot of travel, but if you want a XC race bike, that's what you get. This bike is fast, but a little harsh - but not as harsh as a hardtail :-)

Wow, this is an incredible XC Race bike. It you want an awesome climbing bike, doesn't weight much, but it "feels" great, get this bike! This bike is FAST! I can't wait until their 29'r version comes out!