Diamondback XSL Trail XC Full Suspension

Diamondback XSL Trail XC Full Suspension

[Jan 20, 2011]
tabbitt
Downhiller

Strength:

just about everything on this bike rocks. hayes brakes, rockshox forks and it gives you the option of an ISCG which is frickin sweet. the frame is built well and strong.

none that are apperent.

this bike rocks! it climbs exceptionally well, hell i could climb a telephone pole with this thing. and it decends even better. the frame is awesome cuz there are so many things you can do to make it one sick bike. the possibilities are endless.

trek 4300, specialized FSR

[Apr 15, 2010]
rich

Strength:

Good components set for price.

Rear triangle, Hayes Nine rear brake

Good components for the price. However the rear triangle is very weak. I'm 165lbs and have broken the triangle 3 times in 4 years, on moderate/light terrain. Bike probably has about 2K miles on it. Now that it's now longer in warranty I'm trying to decided what to do with it. Hayes-nine rear brake has also failed twice (leaking fluid). Most likely will try to pick up new frame on Ebay and transfer components, unless there's a replacement triangle that would fit someone knows about. I will avoid DB for the rear triangle issues.

Raleigh M7000

[Aug 29, 2009]
Xizang11

Strength:

Plush, adjustable travel; very stout frame; quiet suspension action; versatility

Stock shock; heavy wheels; no disc brakes

I've been riding my 2006 model as my main rig for over 3 years. I haven't had any of the paint, frame, or rear triangle issues some of the other reviewers have mentioned. I have no complaints at all about my XSL Trail. I recently bought a Sortie 3 because Diamondback has proven it's worth to me, and because I could buy the Sortie for less than it would have cost me to continue upgrading the XSL. I would recommend it to anybody looking for an all mountain ride or trail bike. The geometry isn't ideal for XC stuff, but it's great on decents. In fact, this will probably end up as my girlfriend's bike (If I call it that, I can keep it. She won't ride it anyway!)

Old school Diamondback and GT hardtails (from the pre-bankruptcy days for both), sortie, LTS, i-drive

[May 01, 2009]
bikemikemc

Strength:

Inexpensive. Decent component group for price range.

Flawed suspension design exacerbated by weak welds. Rear triangle was replaced twice. Broke the frame 5/1/09. Huge disappointment. Many miles of cross country riding but frames should not break.

See product weakness for more details. I weigh around 220 and ride twice a week from 1-2 hours each time. Strictly cross country without drops and frame breaking stress. Unfortunately the frame still broke. I noticed about a year ago that the paint was starting to flake around the weld in the center part of the bike. Bike Shop gave me a wait and see suggestion. I waited and today I saw my frame break. I have traveled hundreds of miles through alpine and desert on this beast and it is a travesty to lose it to a broken frame. I also had the rear triangle replaced because it broke about a year ago. Any frame, diamond back or not, that doesn't provide a solid seat tube design is suspect. Perhaps Diamondback has redeemed itself with the Sortie. I don't know.

Giant & Trek.

[Feb 19, 2009]
hari001

Hi,
Jimmy from Canada.Changing the way you see things can also change your reality. You can create your own rules for changing your reality.
Jimmy
[url=http://used.freecarforum.com]Used Cars[/url]

Used Cars

[Feb 18, 2009]
Oneplumber

Strength:

Bought new in '05. Ride weekly for last 4 yrs. Im 160lb, 40+ yrs old. Grind up the hills and bomb down. Suspension seems to handle what I throw at it. OE Shifters & derailleurs still intact. Hydro brakes are awesome. Pads replaced once. tires once.

Rear Swingarm blows. So far It's broken twice. First the aluminum rear wheel connection piece on brake side. They sent me a new frame. Then the weld separated at the lower swingarm to bottom bracket weld. (waiting for another new one). Also the rear shock mount bolt is crap. Bends like a banana. replaced with hardened bolt. Stock chain broke within the first 20 miles.

Good beginner bike. needed to get this bike to know what to watch out for on the next one. Bike is solid except for the rear swingarm assembly. DB needs to work on that. Gotta say... DB DID send new replacements when thier parts broke. Kudos DB !

[Nov 07, 2008]
Kupe

Strength:

Fairly good suspension.
Fair brakes.

I'm 6-4 and weigh 235, 65 years old. Salesman told me it was the right bike for my height and weight.
Frame broke in half while going downhill in fairly rough trail
Raleigh refused to honor the warranty.
READ the warranty, it sucks! It says virtually thaat if you buy the bike and sit on it, the warranty is voided.
Will NEVER buy another bike from Raleigh.

Will NEVER buy another Raleigh bike.

Specialized, Trek

[Aug 20, 2006]
Erik Vehmeyer

Strength:

Good quality name brand parts, smooth rapid fire shifters, great fox rear shock and fork, light frame

sits up a little high

This is great full suspension mountain bike for novice riders who really want to start getting aggresive in the sport.I am 12 and about 115 pounds at 5' 4". It has all quality name brand parts by WBT, Shimano, and TruVativ. Great buy for the money.

Ironhorse Maverick XC (I had for 3 weeks but the returned because the brakes failed.), Specailized Rockhopper

[Apr 15, 2007]
Keith

Strength:

Forks, Brakes, good overall components.

Weight...

I'm a big rider at 6'2, 230+lbs and this bike has done well for me. I haven't done any big jumps yet on it but for trail riding I have been very happy with it. A little on the heavy side compared to my buddies Specialized FSR but I'm not a weight weenie so I don't care. Brakes are awesome. You can stop on a dime with those hydros. Marzocchi Fork soaks up the bumps. Great bike for a beginner/intermediate rider.

GT, Specialized

[Feb 15, 2005]
losso s

Strength:

Fork, Brakes, actually most of the components are good for the money

gets to squeeky at times broken shifter, no biggy

this is not quite the same as the us version, colour scheme is different to, but so far i havent been able to find the xsl pro on the site. retails for 2200 over here picked it up for 1420 after some haggling as it was a demo.
for 1400 bucks it has to be the best full sus. bike, even at 2200 aussie dollars the equipment on the bike is of very high quality. i got the large size (20") and its VERY large!, feels like its twice as big as my 19.5" trek, yet im suprised at how light it seems. So far i havent broken anything on it and im 6'3" and 95kgs, i find as long as i keep the lube up to all the pivot points about every month or 2 its good as gold

trek