Commencal Bicycles Super 4 Carbon XC Full Suspension

• Chain: Sram PC1030
  • Cassette: Sram PG-1070 11-36
  • Wheelset: Mavic Crossride disc

Rocky   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff, light, pretty, near perfect geometry, great suspension design (supple with minimal bob), geometry designed for 120mm fork. Unlikely to run into someone else on the trail with same bike.

Not as light as Santa Cruz blur carbon. Have rebound on shock turned all the way in to slow rebound damping enough.

This is an awesome bike, I am very impressed with the handling, the bike is just a blast to ride. It climbs as well as any bike I have ridden and corners better than my SC (no small feat). I bought it over a Blur simply because I wanted something different at least here in Indiana. It does weight one lbs more than the blur but I'm not a weight weenie and does come in lighter than my Superlight does so I can't complain. I was nervous buying sight unseen and never test riding but I am 100% happy with this frame. Note that I bought mine frame only and built up myself. I only give it 3 chilis for value as the frame retails for more than the Blur so not a bargain at full retail but 5 chilis overall as I don't have any regrets performance wise.

Similar Products Used: Santa Cruz Superlight for last seven years, ridden a medley of other bikes over the years.
OVERALL