Chumba Racing VF2 XC Full Suspension

• Cassette: Shimano XTR 11-34
  • Handlebar: FSA Gravity Carbon

[Nov 27, 2013]
Juan Davila

Strength:

Cuadro muy cómodo y liviano lo cual es bueno para montar y para cargar, la geometría es excelente el cuadro corto la convierte en una bici muy ágil precisa y divertida, baja sumamente bien parece tener más recorrido en la posterior de lo que realmente tiene, las suspensiones en bajada trabajan realmente bien, es muy ágil como buena 26.

En subida se pierde un poco por la suspensión posterior y el triángulo posterior de carbon suena un poco lo cual es extraño; el montaje para la suspensión delantera es 1 1/8 lo que limita a ciertas suspensiones actualmente es más fácil conseguir una tapered.

Perfecta bicicleta de enduro y con un diseño hermoso, las soldaduras realmente llaman la atención para mi la mejor bici que he tenido, es realmente cómoda y divertida, a más de ser muy seria al momento de tomar senderos en especial en bajada; el peso al rededor de las 26 libras y mejorable.

Gt idrive 5 5.0
Rocky Mountain Slayer

[Nov 12, 2012]
Bill
Downhiller

Strength:

Responsive, light, strong as all hell, looks good

Pivot bolts susceptible to stripping because they're made of aluminum

I've had this bike for about 3 years now and the only problem I've had were some squeaky pivots which when i tried to fix by washing the pivot bushing i stripped the aluminum bolts putting them back in...it's a lot easier than one would think as they strip quite easily.

Besides that though this thing has withstood miles and miles of xc, hot and dry dusty Colorado trails with mad amounts of rock and it has further endured a move to vancouver with steep wet roots and what not. I've taken it to Silverstar in Vernon and I took it down some of their less forgiving trails and my VF2 endured it all!

Very satisfied.

Yeti 575, Norco Shore, Chumba F5

[Nov 28, 2011]
kghag

Strength:

-rides well
-reasonable weight
-low price

-over-sized seat tube
-horrible customer service

Chumba quality control sucks (if there even is any).
Chumba customer service sucks.
Wish I would have spent my money on a different brand frame.

The seat tube on the frame I purchased was over sized, clearly a manufacturing defect. Yet when contacted about this problem CHUMBA initially declined to deal with it. After awhile they decided to "take care" of the problem for me, however it took them over three months to get me a new front triangle (sent it in before Memorial Day, didn't get it back until after Labor Day). Basically lost the whole riding season.

Owned - KHS AM (4", 5" or 6"faux bar/walking beam single pivot), Ironhorse MKIII (5" DW link), Intense Spider 2 (5"ish VPP 2). Ridden may others.

[Oct 18, 2011]
joe_cool

Strength:

Agile, relatively light and strong. Perfect desing and good looks.

The Fox RP23 shock, better options are Fox DHX-5 or Cane Creek

I had two bikes before buying the Chumba VF2. a 29er Stumpy and a Foes FXR. I had trial identity issues. I love to ride fast(used 29er) at times then I also love to rip the tough terrian or hit big drops. (used the Foes FXR) The Chumba allows me to do both! I jump it off a 15 FOOT drop and then rip the cross country trails. I have had the bike for 1.5 years with no issues. The bike handles anything I need it to do. It always stops people on the trails. Chumba caters to the custom builder like me. The people at Chumba are passionate about their product and customers. You truly get a bike with unlimited options and Chumba is flexible to deliver a complete bike or hey, just take the frame and build it the way you want. ALL for a reasonable price in comparison to top line builds from the competition.

Giant Reign, Specialized Stumpjumper, Foes FXR

[Sep 20, 2010]
Svard75

Strength:

Excellent quality, Geometry, and Components. Lateral rigidity, Point and Shoot accuracy, The fact that you could put a 120 - 160mm fork on the front and it maintains geometry. The rear suspension is very linear thru out it's travel. Love the attention to detail and the anodized bolts are very strong. No frame creak even after 1 year.

Chumba's customer service

The bike itself is amazing. Eats up trails and gnarly ST like butter. Unfortunately Chumba's customer service needs improvements.

KHS xc team, Titus X, Rocky Mountain Element

[Sep 05, 2010]
Nate3510

Strength:

Lightweight, the looks, a stiff frame, and great suspension action.

NONE

I got this frame direct from Alan and Jason at Chumba and it was the purchasing experience I have ever had. I will never own any other brand of bike.
I have been on this bike for about 6 months and it has been the best six months of mountain biking I have ever had and I have been mountain biking since 1989. One thing I have noticed is that I only hear the bumps, I dont feel anything. Its fun to look down and see the CCDB doing its thing and not feel anything.
On my last bike I was somewhat scared to dive into the corners but with the VF2 you cant help but to push it to the limit, this bike begs you to take it to the limit!!
All I can say is BUY IT you will not regret it, it is the best value on the market today and you will also receive the best customer service in the industry!!

Transition Covert

[Aug 19, 2010]
tundraline

Strength:

I've been riding this bike for 2 years, which replaced a Chumber XCL. Like the XCL, this bike climbs very well and is extremely stable going downhill. Nothing has gone wrong in 2 years of riding something like 2,000 miles of singletrack. The VF2 is lighter than the XCL, and in my opinion rides smoother than the XCL, perhaps due to damping produced by the carbon stays.

None come to mind.

A great bike and value for the money. Easily outperforms similarly-priced bikes, and performs just as well as more expensive custom bikes.

Intense Spyder, Turner Sultan, Specialized Stumpjumper, Yeti 575, Intense 5.5, Chumba XCL.

[May 12, 2010]
Chefbigdaddy

Strength:

Incredible ride, not too mushy but takes away all of the bumps without losing effiecency.

Still waiting for one to show up

I got the frame directly from the factory and the guys there couldn't have been nicer. The frame looks awesome and the ride is even better. The best way to describe it is that sometimes you just hear the bumps, you don't even feel them. It climbs as good as my Superlight but is much better when the hill goes down. If you ever get a chance to ride one, make sure you have the $$$ to buy one!

Schwinn Straight 6, Santa Cruz Superlight

[Apr 26, 2010]
Albert DeSilver

Strength:

bomber on the downhills, really appreciate buying direct from the factory and discussing with the builders. I seem to be the only one in Northern CA with A Chumba--Now I'm here to spread the gospel!

can't find any yet--but just been out on a couple rides

I was stunned riding this bike on the downhills, the stability is amazing. The faster you go through the rock gardens the better it handles. Truly blew my mind. Still getting used to the climbing with all that suspension, as I'm coming off 10 years of riding a Titanium Litespeed. All in good time.

Ellsworth Moment & Epiphany, Trek Fuel 8

[Dec 15, 2009]
jpdrums

Strength:

Lightweight, Great Looking, Great Fit and Finish

RP23 Takes some tweaking to work well with this bike. Get the Cane Creek if you can afford it.

Wow. Unbelievable handling. I owned an XCL for the last year and really liked that bike a lot and then saw the VF2 and fell in love with it. First off , let me say that this bike works amazing with a coil setup. The Vanilla QR15 RLC is a perfect fork for this bike due to the fact that the front end can get a bit lively with a normal 9MM setup. I miss the XCL once in a while when I'm bombing down a drop but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied and this really is the bike I have been looking for. As usual , Chumba svc is great and those guys will answer any questions you have. The only slight complaint I have is that the RP23 is not the perfect shock for this bike. I will be switching to the Cane Creek Double Barrel as soon as finances permit. ... I will try and post another review later but jeez... This frame is amazing.

XCL