Bianchi Ibex XC Full Suspension

Lisa   Cross Country Rider [Oct 12, 2005]
Strength:

Hydraulic Disc Brakes make adjustments super easy. Rear suspension gives the rider a super comfortable ride even on rough terrain. Has lock out on shocks.

Has a place to attach water bottle cage BUT once you attach the cage the water bottle can not fit in the cage underneath the rear shock. AT least on Small Frame.

A super confortable ride, I bought mine as a left over and got a decent deal. The bike is worth more than I paid.
This bike would be good for a recreational rider to a more serious rider looking for a XC or with a suspension upgrade a decent all mountain.
Although I plan on purchasing a hardtail for racing XC to eliminate some of the etra weight I plan on keeping this bike for the LUXURIOUS ride.
The brakes are a definite plus and Bianchi makes a quality bike, I would not hesitate to purchase another Bianchi.

Similar Products Used: first full suspension, previously had a IBEX Hardtail
Colby   Cross Country Rider [Jun 09, 2005]
Strength:

Very Responsive. Very easy to bunny hop off rocks and logs! I built this bike from the frame up, and it's been a great bike for the money so far.

Rear shock needs a lockout for pedaling uphill.

I've really enjoyed this bike so far. It's been very responsive and easy to control when I'm flying down the singletrack. It takes small sized drops and turns them into butter! Love it!

Similar Products Used: Trek Fuel EX7
John   Cross Country Rider [Jul 27, 2005]
Strength:

Very race oriented bike. Super rigid when pedaling uphill and forgiving when hitting a bump. I like how it acts like a hardtail, but still has that rear travel when you need it. Very Sweet Bike

None! Love it!

Climbs Great!
Descends with Ease!
Very Controllable (due to it's lightness)
Super XC Racer Bike!
Would recomend to any skill level.
Get a hold of one of these bikes!

Similar Products Used: Fisher Cake 4 DLX
Michael Anderson   Weekend Warrior [Sep 30, 2004]
Strength:

This bike seems to work extrememly well here in TX. I was a little worried that with the rear end not having any sort of lock out, I would be bouncing my way down the trail. I weigh a little over 200 lbs so I though that the rear wouldn't be able to handle my weight. That has not been the case so far. The only time I have really noticed the rear end bouncing is when I am climbing hard out of the saddle. Besides that I don't really notice it. Climbing hard doesn't seem to be too much of a problem either, there is bounce but it doens't take away from my momentum. The front end responds pretty well for what I have noticed in my few rides. The brakes handle great, they are capable of stopping my big a$$ pretty easily when I get a little out of control heading down hill. My front and rear derailers need to be dialed in a bit better. I get stuck between the 5th and 6th cog in the rear and sometime my front sprocket big ring loses the chain. I have not had the bike to the shop for the break in adjustments yet, so I am sure that will be fixed when I do.

The tires kinda suck for the dry, rocky, Texas terrain. My rear derailer seems to get stuck in between gears in the middle somewhere.

I got the bike on clearance and couldn't be happier with my choice. For the money, it is definately the best bike I tested. The components are better than the fuel 80, which was in my price range, and just about everything else in the same price catagory. The front shocks have the right amount of travel for me and seem pretty sturdy under my 200+ lbs. The rear could use a little more pressure but I haven't even attempted to add air yet. (Not worried about it with such little time to ride before returning to Iraq)