Titus Eleven XC Hardtail

• Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy C
  • Saddle: WTB Pure V Race
  • Seat Post: TruVativ XR

ibikergal   Cross Country Rider [Jun 20, 2009]
Strength:

The frame can be built with 650B wheels!! The Geometry is similar to the Racer X. The frame looks great.

None that I can think of.

We were able to build the bike up to about 23.5 lbs which is about 3 lbs. less than my Racer X. This bike handles and accelerates great!! With the 650B wheels you can ride over the rough stuff. It handles great in the tight stuff, the steering is very precise and at low speeds I am able to control it well. It is stable at speeds also. I have had aluminum hard tails before and the titanium makes the ride so much nicer, it soaks up the small bumps. It is a great climber.

I have 170mm cranks on it, the 650B wheel does not have toe overlay if I stay clipped in.

Similar Products Used: Last hard tail was a Klein Attitude.
venturajohn   Cross Country Rider [Mar 11, 2009]
Strength:

Really comfortable in CC and on pavement. No sway under hard pedaling. This 3.5-pound 29er frame is a great platform for a light build—24 pounds, as equipped. The welding and finishing of the titanium is impeccable. The fat, non-tapered chainstays and seatstays make for a very rigid bike and predictable handling. Rear dropouts can be interchanged for geared or SS. The light weight (especially the solid fork) makes for nimble handling and great acceleration. I chose 1.5-mm DT Revolution spokes for a little easier ride, and it feels like a suspension bike. The folks at Titus were very responsive when I had a question on the frame.

The frame was custom-built for my brother, who is my size (6’-3”, 210 pounds), and I’m right at home on the larger 29er format. The longer wheelbase keeps the front wheel on the ground in climbs.

Really comfortable in CC and on pavement. No sway under hard pedaling. This 3.5-pound 29er frame is a great platform for a light build—24 pounds. The welding and finishing of the titanium is impeccable. The fat, non-tapered chainstays and seatstays make for a very rigid bike and predictable handling. Rear dropouts can be interchanged for geared or SS. The light weight (especially the solid fork) makes for nimble handling and great acceleration. I chose 1.5-mm DT Revolution spokes for a little easier ride, and it feels like a suspension bike. The folks at Titus were very responsive when I had a question on the frame.

Bottom Line: I rode this beauty 50+ miles the day after building it, and love it.

Similar Products Used: None really, except a 9-year old Specialized Rockhopper for city riding.
mtnbikeSD   Cross Country Rider [Nov 11, 2008]
Strength:

Really predictable carving a tight line or pounding through rough stuff. This bike has very little undesirable flex and with Chris King hubs, the acceleration makes even me feel fast! It won't scratch (no paint to worry about) and dirt wipes right off.

I highly recommend Titus frames for some of the detailed touches like the Arizona headbadge, SS/geared derailleur options for the single speed option. The stock geometry fits me great and I would say before you shell out the cash for custom, consider the savings and the fact the Titus has done good research on the sizing for stock bikes.

This frame is pretty heavy, even when comparing to much less expensive aluminum frame. It is straight guage ti tubing, which is really strong, but not butted. This makes it pretty much indestructible and flex-free. The downside is that it is heavy.

This is a great ride for all-around trail bike, or a race bike. Ti feels like suspension so it's ideal for all-day epics. I prefer it to my Superlight for slogging long fireroad climbs.

It's a beautiful rig!