Specialized Stumpjumper XC Hardtail

Rs   Weekend Warrior [Sep 23, 2010]
Strength:

Fun/light very good quality for the dough. Looks!

2008 stumpy. So cool looking with black paint job and white letters. A guy on the trail asked if it was an sworks. I absolutely can't wait to ride it every chance I get. Will never buy another mt bike without a lockout. This bike will grow with your skills.

Similar Products Used: 95 stumpjumper
schmidtwerd   Cross Country Rider [Jul 23, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, stock components, price

Stock grips are the worst

Got into riding trails last summer (2009) and had a really entry level bike. When this summer rolled around I wanted something a little better. One of my friends who is 99% roadie, 1% mountain rider had a Stumpy he never used so I offered him a little cash and he took it; now we're both very pleased. Compared to my old Scott Aspect 55, there is really no comparison, the Stumpy rides like a dream and I'm hoping to ride this for many years to come as I am mainly a road rider myself but love to get after the trails every once and a while.

The year of the Stumpy is a 2007 and the stock components on it are very nice. The X9 rear der. is really nice, X7 shifters aren't bad either. The fork is just beautiful, just enough travel for what I like to do.

If you like to ride XC trails and don't need a FS ride.. I'd definitely recommend giving the Stumpy a test ride because for the price, a lot of other companies can't match what this ride delivers.

Similar Products Used: Stumpy FSR, Stumpy FSR 29er, Scott Aspect 55
Netcelt   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2009]
Strength:

Very lightwight. Value for money. Ride. Great set of wheels and components.

Ugly downtube bend...why???

This bike is incredible value for money and very high quality.. The 2010 model is $150 cheaper than last years model. I have been riding the 2010 HT in black now for 2 months and I absolutly love it. It virtually moves itself on the uphills and over roots. This is a very unusual trait for me to discover in a bike. I have never experienced that before. All of the angles are perfect for me. I bought the linear brake model to have the ultimate lightweight bike but with the option to switch to disks if I want to in the future. Plus, it looks great in the black and white paint job. This is a race bike right out of the box. It's harsher than a full suspension but it's ultra light and so fast. My only gripe is the now ever present bend in the downtube. It's ugly but I'm sure it has a purpose. This bike will be suited to the rider who wants to race and not have to mortgage the farm or the weekend warrior who likes the feel of a high quality bike that is fast.

Similar Products Used: 2006 Stumpjumper
Stumpenheimer   Weekend Warrior [Aug 12, 2009]

This is a tough bike. It has great components and handles like a dream. I can honesty say that I will never need another bike. I'm a bigger guy and it was hard to find a bike that fit. This bike is perfect!

greg altorfer   Weekend Warrior [Aug 06, 2009]

Its the perfect bike. All the angles on it are just correct.

RacerFromCA   Racer [Mar 28, 2009]
Strength:

Very good climber, the lock out on th F90 is great you never feel a thing. I race with it every other week great climber. I switched the deore crank for xt cranks really helps. Nice colors!! i brought it down to about 23.9 pounds with some upgrades(ive got the 08 model)

Shifters to easy to shift would be better with a pair of x9 shifters.

its a great bike you have to try it to know it.

Similar Products Used: c'dale taurine
Jeremy   Weekend Warrior [Aug 27, 2007]
Strength:

Light weight, strong frame/components, confidence inpsiring geometry and handling.

None so far

I absolutely love this bike. I'm pushing myself faster and making it through terrain like I never have before.

Hans Fetish   Cross Country Rider [Apr 04, 2006]
Strength:

fast agile ride; solid platform (quality xc-style frame, fork and crank) with $$ left for customization.
As an added plus, an upgrade to disc brakes are <$200 away. Also full length cable housing means more accurate shifting and braking.

cassette's ratio and weight; cable housing routed on bottom of top tube;

A purchase gets you a good to excellent M4 frame, Fox F90RL fork, XT rear derailleur(could be a rapid rise), stylo crank set, front wheel(stout...a hub and a beverage of choice) and a resonable warrenty(5yr). The rest is fill common to market segment, likely to not last the year or is subject to rider preference.

Out of the box, the stump-er provides a enjoyable competent race-able ride featuring several highend components where it counts at a price that allows for necessary upgrades in the lesser areas.

Similar Products Used: ...a beloved '98 stumpjumper and some others
Jeff Middlemas   Cross Country Rider [Mar 27, 2006]
Strength:

Light, agile, BB7s are a great low fuss disc option.

VERY responsive to steering input-almost sketchy (I'm a newb, so this may be a good thing)

WOW! A Roadie will appreciate how light this thing is; it climbs like a goat. The ride is soo much nicer than the RockHopper. Still trying to get used to the saddle, it's kinda chunky feeling. I got mine for a great price. Don't think I would've paid full retail for it, though.

Similar Products Used: old rigid fork bikes almost 15 yrs. ago.
adam   Cross Country Rider [Jul 03, 2007]
Strength:

fast, light, sweet fork, alright wheels, awesome dropping shimano and moving to SRAM, ok tires

v-brakes blow so buy the discs or upgrade, tires are fine unless you do a lot of roots and rocks

get this bike. it amazing and anyone that argues is way to particular. if your spending limit is $1400 this bike is sooo much better than anything else. its stiff, light, fast, and its actually one of the most comfortable rides ive been on yet. if you can spend more money than sure why not get better but for the money this is sweet