Sette Serum XC Hardtail

The zenith of the Sette XC bikes is the Serum. Featuring Sette’s 3k High Modulus carbon fiber race frame with responsive XC race geometry. Serum’s integrated seatmast is effective at saving every gram, wherever possible. Available in four models: Serum, Elite, Pro, Race (price shown).

pedalitup   Cross Country Rider [Dec 23, 2012]
Strength:

This is an update to previous initial review. I've beaten this frame on rocky, twisty Texas singletrack for six more solid months and although it's been down several times it's survived without a single scratch. It's by far the most comfortable of the half dozen hardtails I've owned over the last 20 years including carbon, aluminum and 853 steel. Theres plenty of clearance for a fat Mutano 2.4 tire. The light weight and instant acceleration make 30 mile rides a breeze. I am confident over three foot drops at speed and negotiating our infamous rock gardens. This has gotta be the biggest sleeper frame ever produced. Although I no longer race XC, I have NEVER been passed while riding this bike, not even close. Can't wait to get back to the west coast among real riders to see if this holds out. .

Absolutely none

This frame has made me a better rider and a much wiser shopper.

Similar Products Used: 2001 Trek 9.8. This blows that fragile eggshell away. Various aluminum and steel ass hatchets. .
Wmac   Weekend Warrior [Jul 18, 2012]
Strength:

Light weight, FULL XT build set except for brake set. Fantastic value!

Avid CR brakes are fickle.

I love, love, love this bike. If you aren't ready to give in to the 29er craze and want a light fun tough bike, this is for you!

Rain   Cross Country Rider [Jun 06, 2012]
Strength:

Frame is a work of art. Stiff with good match to a 100mm travel fork. Phat 50mm headtube and junction area. The ride is super comfortable

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box from Price Point. NO, actually I was blown away by what I got for the price. The frame is a highly engineered masterpiece lacking in nothing. I initially set my SID fork to 120 mm travel, which made the handling too slow for super twisty singletrack. At 100mm travel the handling is perfect but forgiving enough for confident descents.

Similar Products Used: Trek Elite 9.8
Peter   Weekend Warrior [Nov 28, 2011]
Strength:

Super light and nimble. Full XT everything makes it super reliable and built to last

Tires that come with the bike are lacking. Good tires for fast dry hardpack. The rims are tubeless and need to be taken advantage of.

Buy this bike. You will not get a faster, stronger, or more complete bike for under 2000. I push the limits every ride with this bike and still haven't found any weaknesses, unless on slick trails. The bike comes more than race ready.

Similar Products Used: Had an older hard rock with numerous upgrades.