Sette Phantom XC Hardtail

• Crankset: FSA K-Force Carbon Light CK3200
  • Bottom Bracket: FSA Ceramic Mega EXO

[Apr 20, 2014]
Tyler

Strength:

One of the lightest hardtails on the market, extremely stiff, climbs better than any other bike, looks great, descends well for a hardtail. It is the perfect bike for XC racing! Its extremely fast and nimble. Handles unbelievable well in the singltrack!

Non that I can see

After having this bike for a few years I have really learned to love it. I encourage anyone who is looking for a cheap carbon bike that can perform well. It holds up really well and can take a beating! Good luck everyone!

[Jun 25, 2010]
Wanna-Be Racer

Strength:

Light, stiff, super responsive sprint and climbs

Bar none the best bang for the buck carbon frame there is. Came with threads and surfaces fully dressed and ready to build. No issues with fitment. Super stiff, responsive climber but the carbon quiets the chatter on rougher trails. I'm a wanna-be racer and this bike is the perfect secret weapon

Stumpjumper Comp

[May 28, 2010]
optiguy

Strength:

Stiff, light, great climber, sweet looking, awesome component group, 5 year warranty on frame

the maxxis 310 tires are light, imo that is there only strength, unless you only ride on hard pack or asphalt they are useless.

This a great bike @ a great price, the components alone are worth the price I paid for it. I find myself making climbs I had not come close to in the past. Only time will tell how the frame holds up but so far so good. The biggest problem with this bike is just getting past the name imo. I compare it to buying a Hyundai, well made cars but a lot of people just cant get past the name.

[May 16, 2010]
rubixcube

Strength:

Gorgeous carbon frame with internal cable routing - only 2.5 lbs!! Excellent component choice, XTR, Fox RLC, avid elixir carbon, xtr shift levers and derailleurs, FSA k-force lite crank. I really like the Elixir carbon brakeset - plus, they are actually 30g lighter (per brake) than the xt levers/calipers - I weighed each on a digital scale.

Maxxis 310s are useless off road in florida, AC terrain disk OEM hubs are questionable, sette grips are junk. But these are very minor complaints.

This sette phantom is gorgeous to look at it. I can stop staring at it. This bike accelerates, handles and climbs better than any bike I have ever ridden. This bike handles with amazing precision once you get it set up right. Reminds me of the seven sola titanium hardtail.

Geometry on this bike is a little undersized. The size large sette frame is more like a 18" frame from other companies (i.e. Trek).

Actual weight straight out of the box was 19.6lbs (after removing reflectors and other junk).

What a deal!

too many to list

[Jul 08, 2009]
brett

Strength:

Weight, stiffness, price, looks great.

Great light stiff racing frame. I wouldn't use it for any drops or really technical stuff. I have ridden 5 times now and on a course that i will be racing on in a few weeks and it is a great frame. With my currnet setup it weighs in at 19.75 lbs. Super light