Serotta TiMax XC Hardtail

There is nothing quite as trustworthy, sturdy and enjoyable as high quality hardtail mountain bike, and Serotta offers the best Ti hard tail anywhere. With full custom geometry and a range of brake and fork options, TiMax is perfectly suited for the toughest climb, steepest descent and most challenging single track on either side of the Rockies.

Joe Kreeger   Cross Country Rider [Jun 02, 2008]
Strength:

This frame has held up through 9 years of abuse as a fully geared CC ride to a now beautiful and svelte SS.

Probably a little flexy for a rider over 175#... chainstays and seatstays are of smaller diameter tubing.

This is an indestructible frame that has beautiful welds and rear dropouts. The Ti is of the best quality and the frame is 100% American made (at least it was in 1999). I am proud to say that I am one of the few Serotta MTBers around and it's nice to have something that not alot of people are riding.

OVERALL
Randy   Weekend Warrior [Mar 18, 2008]
Strength:

Custom Build

I decided it was time for an appropriate bike fit for my size. My son was ready to hit the trails a bit more agressively so - at 7'2" 320# and a 100mm SO height I needed a full custom fit. I wanted a lightweight firm frame so after getting fitted at Steiners, I setteled on a 29er TiMAX. First frame was not right so I sent it back and a new frame was made in a timely manner. When I got the frame back I finished the build out and got to ride it one time in December before the snow flew. It is extremely lightweight and climbs up and over anything. My other choice for a frame builder was Seven. It was a literal coin toss. I hope to make it to Saratoga soon so I can show the fabricators the buildout. I wish it wasn't 32 and windy today as the sun is shining bright. 'Ginger' as I call her, is sitting next to my golf clubs waiting for a bit warmer/drier weather. Look for me at Pedros this year.
I gave 4 value chilis because after the build out was complete, I could have bought a good used truck, it got expensive but I was committed to my initial plan.