Schwinn Frontier FS AL XC Hardtail

Schwinn Frontier FS AL XC Hardtail

[Oct 22, 2009]
Don Stump

Strength:

5 star,reliable

This Frontier is around 20 years old.Had a pro tune up,put semi pro tires on.Take care of this almost perfect street/mt.bike.Don't want to sell.Many are more costly,this was given to by God.I prayed and asked in Jesus'name and recieved,Praise God,Amen.

add on carrier[Topeak]

[Sep 06, 2006]
Matt Chiasson

Strength:

Great looking bike, Strong frame

The Components are weak and will probobly break over time, It is a heavy bike and rides uncomfortable due to the unforgiving seat

I bought the bike because I needed one just for riding to school and back. I was once a hardcore rider but I just needed a nice lookin bike that was durable and CHEAP! This bike was all that. For the price it was half descent, however the bike was uncomfortable to ride and I broke the rear shifting components in half by simply jumping off a street curb. I was a little harsh on the bike but I expected more out of it then what I got. If you are a beginner or just a day rider it is a great bike to ride for fun, but on the trails I would hold my breathe. With one or two upgrades, it could make for a nice little bike.

Trek Y frame full suspension, Giant Boulder hardtail

[Feb 05, 2008]
Alex Diplock

Strength:

Comfortable, Good Grips, Takes the stick i give it! (Cross Country, No Jumps) Great Value

The Standard Seat Becomes "One" With Your Body, Ouch!

Knowing nothin' about bikes i found i was entering a mine field! Bikes ranged from tacky heaps to budget breaking super bikes!? I decided on sumthin' down the middle, not cheap & nasty, nothin over budget, Ta Da..... introducing the Schwinn FS AL, A great bike for some1 like me who just wants to raise their level of fitness without repairing the bike every week. Great little performer, durable, comfortable... what more could a beginner like me want? especially for the price!

[Apr 08, 2005]
jon burrell

Strength:

although i have only been riding for a short amount of time, i find that my frontier is a reliable and comfortable bike to ride. the 7th gear on the rear is very handy when you need to put a bit of speed down, and the shimano gear lever system makes it all so easy.

the bike could use some more lightweight features and a more comfortable seat aswell

i have found that this is a good entry level off road bike with its strengths easily outweighing its weaknesses. although i would reccomend upgrading some components ( seat pole, gooseneck etc..) befory you take it into too extreme conditions, downhill, jumping etc...

haro alloy dual suspesion

[Jan 04, 2005]
david

Strength:

frame strength,good geometry for a balanced ride

little weighty due to some lower level componentry

If you are on a tight budget and would like to get into some off roading ,well this should fit the bill.
I was not expecting to find something this good for the price($250 US$,approx ), having owned several higher priced bikes, Giant, Mongoose, Proflex.
It has a 7005 alloy frame with good geometry and almost all alloy componentry with a suprisingly well performing RST 191 fork. Okay there is a price to pay for such a cheap purchase price....weight ,my 19" bike weighing in at about 30 lbs, which is about 4-6 lbs more than what a mid to high price bike weighs ,anyway as time passes and some of the parts need replacing you can swap them for lighter stuff as the frame is a keeper...............Happy Trails