Rocky Mountain Soul XC Hardtail

Rocky Mountain SoulThe Rocky Mountain Soul features ST3 "SlopingTopTube"Technology. WhatThis means is a design conceptThat makesThe frame stronger and more user friendly because it makes dismounts easier. Componentry consisting of Rock Shox andShimano parts just addToThe bikes value. AndToTop it off, how about Rocky Mountains reputation for well built and great riding bikes? Frame: RMB Custom 6061 Double Butted Aluminum Fork: Rock Shox Dart 2TK; 100mmTravel Turnkey Lockout, Rebound contro

Tone   [Mar 21, 2014]
Strength:

This is a fantastic bike. I have had it for around 2 years. I had a Specialized prior but this by far is much better. It is great a climbing hills and jams on the downhill.

I have had no issues with this bike

This bike is great

OVERALL
Oldfatbaldguy   Weekend Warrior [Jun 24, 2011]
Strength:

Fit and finish of bike is pretty good. I kinda like it that it is a seldom-seen brand in my area. For 2011 the 29'er has a low-end Suntour fork which I think is a better product than Dart 1. I really like the hydraulic lockout which also functions as a variable compression damper.

Gruppo is about average for price point...and some marques can be had for a little less for the same equipment level. Avid bb5 brakes are adequate for an old fart like me, but a younger, faster rider would probably soon find them lacking.

If you're after a basic bike to get out and ride, there are cheaper 29'ers. I chose a bike dealer rather than brand name, and took what I thought was the best offering in my general price range. So far I'm pleased.

Similar Products Used: Nothing recent, nothing in 29", nothing with any kind of disc brakes.
OVERALL