Rocky Mountain Fusion XC Hardtail

wayne   Cross Country Rider [May 19, 2013]
Strength:

Larger tires
lite weight frame
hydraulic Brakes

This is an amazing bike it is nice and lite, geared perfectly for tackling off road trails and and fast for normal roads.. Very easy to maintain and is a Dream to drive

Crackles   Weekend Warrior [Jun 07, 2012]
Strength:

Frame seems unbreakable, brakes are awesome. Goes anywhere. Looks pretty hot.

Purchased this 2009 bike second hand. This is my first mountain bike and while I do not have anything to compare it with I am completely blown away by where this bike can take me. Road, firetrail, singletrack, rocks, roots, nothing stops it. The only thing stopping this bike is my nerve!

Freaky Joe   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2012]
Strength:

Looks good, rides good, very good equipment and very good engineering and design.

I don't like the seat.

I purchase this bike last year here in Berlin Germany and first reason I buy this bike because I read so much about Rocky Mountain brand in magazines and always wished to own one. My old bike cannot even be compared to my new one. Its so smooth and fast and has amazing brakes. I like so much how it looks and the paint job is amazing, looks a little like the Canada flag, this is a bike from Canada. I take so many pictures of my bike and love it so much. Its very good quality, frame design is excellent and everything about this bike looks and feels high quality. I did not like to seat so much, I change it. I now have it for 1 year and ride it almost everyday to work and for fun on trails. Nothing goes wrong with it, everything works perfect and still rides like new.

Similar Products Used: Wheeler mountain bike
western1alldaway   All Mountain Rider [Feb 22, 2012]
Strength:

It all looks and feels good,zip tie the usual suspects first. That why it is important to read about most of what you buy. Its all about quality for what you can afford.

Like I said its still very new. And my friend only took it riding 3 times in the last year in city. So she only has a couple hrs use.

I am old enough to remeber when Mnt. Bikes first appeared, i was quick to replace the small & silly no geared BMX. For a monster of a bike back then when everyone was driving there BMX`s it was great and i have been hooked since. I consider myself a bit of hard rider. Anyways i have had alot of monster bikes & always seem to mostly destroy them in a year or two. But this bike seems firm and loose enough to handle whatever you want to do with it. I will write again just as soon as she gets out abit more.Like i have said, i have spent well over $10000 in bikes for myself or loved ones and i certainly know value as i use to be a tool maker. This is my first Rocky Mtn Bk.i will be back

Similar Products Used: I have had GT``s, older norco, & an over priced on sale Haro X-Treme wich was worse in the end than the old norco.I have purchased a Rocky before for someone dear to me who fell in love with the thing on first sight. though she had to wait for christmas to get it it was all i heard.
Rocky_Urban   Cross Country Rider [Nov 08, 2011]
Strength:

Drop dead gorgeous looks, high quality frame, good components, amazing disc brakes, and its Canadian eh!

It could be a little lighter, but so can every other bike out there!

This bike was on sale, the store was getting rid of their 2011 line up to make room for new arrivals so I got this bike for an incredible price! What first attracted me to this bike was the way it looked. Beautiful powder coated pearl white with metallic red graphics. The components on this bike are very good. Great Maxxis tires, amazing hydraulic disc brakes, full adjustable front suspension with lockout, great looking black rims with black spokes. Rims have eyelets which help with the wheels rigidity. Shimano Deore components. I always thought 27 speeds was too much but now I see its perfect. Its a fast smooth bike and I just love riding it. Only upgrade I did was a carbon fiber bottle holder and a carbon fiber seat post. The frame geometry is perfect for both hitting the trails and doing long distance cross country rides. I always hoped that one day I would own a Rocky Mountain brand bike and thankfully I finally have one.

Similar Products Used: Norco Team 6, Diamond Back Response, Devinci Cameleon
Rick Beam   Weekend Warrior [May 09, 2011]
Strength:

Great looking bike, strong frame. It climbs well and shifts very smooth. Very comfortable on the trails.

Pedals are a hazard but an easy upgrade. The cable clip system used by Rocky Mountain is not good. They will pop off and you will need to use zip ties to keep rear brake cable in it's place. Again, not a deal breaker.

Great deal for the money spent. I road other bikes in this price range and they all appeared cheap in comparrison. Yes you may want to make some upgrades but the good news is, you don't need to. If you are a hard core mountain bike junky, you will probably not be buying this bike. Regardless, you will be able to ride the fusion along side of more serious riders and this bike will respond beautifully.

Similar Products Used: Trek, Kona, Giant, Felt
evadwal   Weekend Warrior [May 30, 2010]
Strength:

Great smooth ride, great handling, durable, looks great. Brakes are amazing. Good value (remember it's Canadian money).

I use the bike as a commuter bike sometimes and I sometimes wish I had a lockout for the shocks when I'm on a good road (which is rare in Winnipeg). I had some problems with the front disc brake rubbing and making a squeaking noise. Shifters sometimes randomly slip, but I think that's been fixed since my last tuneup.

I love, love, love my bike. It's not perfect, and I often second-guess getting the more-manoeverable 18 inch frame when I have a sore back after long commutes, but it's a dream on the trail. And hey, that's what a mountain bike is for!

Similar Products Used: This is my first good bike.
Darby88   Cross Country Rider [Jul 20, 2009]
Strength:

Awesome frame! Great geometry, sturdy hardtail. Rocky Mountain really doesn't make a bad product and this is no exception. Good company to deal with should frame break as well. Awesome Cross country bike.

Rocky's lowest priced bike almost, so components needed upgrading for the most part for ambitious riders.

Great frame good entry level components, awesome company.

TimidTrail   Weekend Warrior [May 26, 2009]
Strength:

Excellent shifters and derailleurs (for price paid). Shimano disc brakes are decent. Sturdy frame with strong crankshaft. Big tires; double-walled, stainless steel rims are a plus. Fork is better than on the bike I previously owned--more responsive, sturdier.

In my limited experience with it so far, the 2008 Fusion is not a particularly FAST bike. My last bike had 24 speeds and this one has 27, so maybe I still have to find my perfect speed setting for flat run surfaces. Also, maybe once it's had its first tune-up, some of the "new-bike" kinks will get worked out of it. The brakes were a little soft when I first got it, but they are getting better and better.

I bought last year's model of this bike on sale (down from about $1k) to replace my 2007 Brodie Tempyst that was stolen out from under my nose early in May. A new Fusion retails for about $300 CAD more than the Tempyst; in my opinion, it's not worth the extra cash if you're looking for an entry level mountain bike that you intend to use for commuting and light trail riding. The Tempyst was a much faster bike; it was beefier; it had better brakes.

That said, the Fusion does shift like a dream and most of its components either match or outdo the Tempyst's. I don't ride the life out of my bikes (I'm a 5'3" female rider weighing under 150 lbs), so I don't really look for a lot except a lightweight frame, good shifting, good brakes, and speed.

At the sale price, this was a great buy, but I don't think I'd have paid full price for it.

Similar Products Used: 2007 Brodie Tempyst.
harry2110   Cross Country Rider [Nov 22, 2008]
Strength:

light, strong frame, good stock components

pedals

Its a great bike for commuting I've ridden this bike on long trips(30+ miles) and it was fast enough to keep up with some roadies. It also climbs very well. The only downfall is the vp pedals that come with it if you slip off them or bash one into your shin it will bruise and draw blood.