Pace RC305 XC Hardtail

Ultra-large diameter head and downtubes connect the steering head to the BB to create an uncompromising ‘connected’ platform from which you can blitz the trail. But coupled with that the frame must provide feel and grip so to stop you being bounced all over trail we’ve purposely engineered flex into the multi-butted top, seat and chain stay tubes. You’ll surprise yourself (and your mates on following FS bikes) as you finesse up the next root infested ascent or climb off after a big day in the hills without having to stretch out the pain in your lower back.

toomanybikescot   Cross Country Rider [Aug 25, 2010]
Strength:

Strong, light frame

fragile paintwork

setup as a fast XC bike, light(er) setup but fantastic over most of the trails here. Glentress was fab, brilliant climer, the bike not me. Advise a proper chainstay guard & some helicopter tape to protect paint (mine is silver).
Otherwise, very ridgid back-end, makes me get out of saddle more than my other (f/s) bikes!

Similar Products Used: Giant XTC, aNTHEM, tRANCE XO, told u - too many bikes
Lozza   Cross Country Rider [Jun 17, 2009]
Strength:

Light, stiff, handling, looks, climbing, geometry

Paintwork and decals can easily scuff - even with the anodized finish!

Bike geometry feels great especially on the trails and uses the forks perfectly. Very light frame makes it easy to ride with great handling. The bike climbs beautifully and takes jumps in it's stride.

I am a little worried that the dropouts may be tricky and expensive to replace in the future. Although with the 6 months trail riding I have done so far I've had no problems.

Finally, looks-wise it's a beauty and gets all the attention out on the rides. It really is a beauty!

Similar Products Used: Scott MTB
davo uk   Cross Country Rider [Dec 25, 2008]
Strength:

anodised finish, good handling, great looks, very comfortable on long rides for a hardtail.

the frame cracked on the seat tube weld under the seat clamp.

would give the bikes performance a 5 chili rating but the frame only lasted for 400 miles and cracked at the top of a climb not a big drop off. i just hope pace waranty is good. i will report back when its sorted.

Similar Products Used: first hardtail i have used for about 7 years. been riding full sus.
  Weekend Warrior [Feb 09, 2008]
Strength:

Stealthy looking frame with anodized finish. Good geometry

dropouts are made of cheese and the support from the manufacturer is non existent

Let me just start by mentioning mine is he new 305 frame. While it was working, it was great, I loved it. However, now I know how the drop outs explode at nothing (I've crashed drop outs before an when it's justified, I'll hold my hands up to it), I'm weary of the frame. I'm not happy riding it. The response and attitude from the manufacturer just leaves me feeling cold. If it was a dodgy part and replaced it, I could just think it was one of those things but it they think this drop out was fine, then these frames are not the sort of thing I'd want to put my faith in!