Omega Predator XL XC Hardtail

-S shaped, oversized rear stays
-Disc or v brake specific to choice
-Lightweight Omega OSE titanium tube set
-CNC'd 6AL-4V titanium disc dropouts
-Weight from 1.25kg

Withnail Hollinshead   Cross Country Rider [Jan 30, 2006]

It's Titanium - Reasonable Finish.

Not what was ordered - Customer service.

I bought my new Predator XL frame direct from Omega via their website. At the same time I placed an order for all the components to build what I hoped would be my ideal lightweight XC bike. When the frame arrived I was disappointed to see that not only did it not resemble the picture used to depict it on their website (same one used here), but its seat tube and headstock dimensions were significantly different from those they'd quoted (at least the top tube was correct at 59cm). I also found that it had been built up before and presumably ridden – so not new then. More importantly to me though, it weighed in at 1780g - so not my ideal XC bike then. Omega’s response to a series of e-mail and voice mails messages was either slow or non-existent, but eventually a full refund was offered. However, by this time all the componentry had arrived and faced with the shipping costs back to the UK I kept it. The finish on the frame is reasonable and now built up, it rides and handles as well as you’d expect a titanium bike to. However, my dealings with Omega have left me very disappointed and even though their frames can represent reasonable value for money (assuming you get what you order) their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. If I had my time and money again (and I wish I did) I’d look at Lightspeed or Merlin.

1 chili for value - would give 2 if they'd sent what they advertised.

2 chilis for overall - the titanium ride is good but at 1.78kg it's too heavy for what I wanted it for.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale SV2000.