Norco Bushpilot XC Hardtail

• Suntour XCM w/lock-out 100mm travel
  • Shimano 24speed drivetrain w/ Alivio rear derailleur

• User Reviews (15)

mtber   [Apr 01, 2013]
    Strength:

good for downhill, strong bike, good tires

brakes are loud but just rub them with sandpaper, needs new pedals down the road, seat isn't the comfiest

over all this bike is awesome ive had it for just under a year and only had problems with the brakes but over all id recommend this bike to people

SupaLolCat   Weekend Warrior [May 08, 2010]
    Strength:

Strong frame, great fork, good bike for everything.

Brakes suck... That's like the only thing wrong with it.

Great all-around bike for a beginner. I've only just bought this bike a few days ago, but I've already gone mountain biking, dirtjumping, racing, and some street tricks, and here are my ratings:

Mountain Biking: Worked great, and didn't have any problems, it's not the best Mountain Bike, but it's good enough for me because I'm a beginner mountain biker. The fork worked well. ~4/5~

Dirt Jumping: Me and my friend did some dirt jumping, and it worked extremely well for that. I got some big air, and the bike didn't have any problems at all. Again, the fork worked great for this. ~5/5~

Racing: This would probably be the bikes weakness. I had a race against some friends, and it wasn't the best. It's quite fast, but don't buy it to race. The tires are to thick and the frame is to heavy. It is a mountain bike. ~3/5~

Street Tricks: The bike works quite well for tricks, though the brakes were a problem for some tricks. Wheelies and bunnie-hops are easy and work well. Overall it's a good trick bike, but not great, get a BMX if you want to do some epic tricks. ~4/5~

I would reccomend this bike to anyone that enjoys all types of riding, or hasn't decided what is there favorite style yet. It's a great bike for beginners, and with a price of $500, I'm happy about my purchase.

Similar Products Used: None
    Trillio   Downhiller [Nov 17, 2009]
    Strength:

super tough bike, everything from brakes, tires/rims, frame, crank and pedals are industructable seems... Great for all skill levels and styles.

Rear derailer gets beatin around allot, but same for any bike Ive found, needs a bit of repair and adjustment from time to time.

Yea, like the other reviews say, this bike goes through stuff that other bikes would simply fall apart attempting. Good in all situations from street to crazy mountain fun and everything in between, I've even bunny hopped 2 foot curbs with ease. Cant tell how many times this bike suprised me by not breaking from bouncing down the side of a mountain next to me after a bail. All in all its a little tank, you cant hurt it, best hardtail I have ever owned, get one.

Similar Products Used: mongoose, Ellsworth company bikes, and many department store bikes that last about a week lol
    Steve the dog   Weekend Warrior [Apr 30, 2009]
    Strength:

stong & sturdy frame, rims, everything. can take a good beating and still hold together.

gears don't like life. I have to keep rapairing them. (I'm not working them hard too...I think)

I've rode through rivers (fresh and sea) with water up to my waist, meaning that the bike was pritty much gone! Done good jumps on it with it still holding together, and exellent for a good cheap bike.
    other than the gears, awesome bike for roads as well as bush, coz I will do about 100kms on road each week. If your going to pay the same or less for something else...DON'T! save if needed and get your hands on a bike that IS really reliable and supported by the great brand, NORCO!
    P.S its this good and it is 2nd hand!

Similar Products Used: nothing, I just watch how my mates bikes that are like this fall apart! (mongoose & GT)
    dendrite   Cross Country Rider [Aug 07, 2008]
    Strength:

strong frame, breaks, shifter, tires.

seat, petals (i find them a little flimsy) The fork is a tad soft but not bad.

The bottom line is its a very good bike, i ride about 4 hours a day. I take it on rougher trails and it holds up well, i also do about 3 foot drops and i haven't had any issues with it. The fork is a bit soft i find, but i can never feel it bottom out when riding. The breaks are a little noisy but who cares they work great. This is an excellent bike for someone who likes screwing around on everything from rocks to single rail dirt tracks, it takes a beating but keeps going.

Similar Products Used: forget the name of it (not a good bike)
    Bob   Weekend Warrior [Aug 21, 2007]
    Strength:

Disk brakes and the shifters.

fork....of course this could be due to my....ummmm....girth ;-)

Being a total newbie...hadn't ridden a bike in about 18 years...I'm thrilled with my purchase. I use the bike for trail/fitness riding only so it suits my purposes.

I'm a heavier rider (6', 250lbs) and I find that the front suspension is always a little compressed. Not sure if this is normal or not as this is my first bike. For my weight the brakes are fantastic and I've had no issues stopping at all. Also, the frame feels very well built and I've had no worries when I've tried going over rougher trails.

Everything feels really solid when riding and gear shifts are really easier. I've learned to take a little pressure off peddling when making a gear change to avoid 'grinding'.

The seat could be a little more comfortable and I may look to upgrade. I find that I experience a little numbness in my....seat area...after riding only 30-45 minutes.

Overall...I think this is a fantastic bike for the beginner who wants to get into biking without spending a lot of loot. For my purposes it goes above and beyond....right now I can't see why I would want/need to upgrade.

Similar Products Used: None....total noob.
    Paul   Weekend Warrior [Jan 29, 2006]
    Strength:

It's a fast bike, nice setup, decent climber, pretty decent for the class it's in.

The saddle, can't seem to get it adjusted quite right, the brakes (but V-brakes are not great in general), pedals.

A good basic bike, if you plan on doing some light to moderate trail use. Rode once on snow, and that was fine too. If you plan on doing extreme stuff, then pass, but you would pass on most bikes in this category.

Similar Products Used: Tested Trek 4300
    Mike   Cross Country Rider [Jan 29, 2006]
    Strength:

-seat and grips
    -light enough
    -brakes good WHEN DRY
    -strong rims
    -disc compatible

-Brakes useless when wet or muddy(almost all v-brakes are)
    -pedals
    -fork is absolute garbage

Its a great bike but can ONLY be used for cross country. This bike will snap if you abuse it. The breaks are decent if you bike in dry areas. Replace the pedals with platforms or something because the stock ones have no grip at all.

dont let the beefy frame fool you this is no dirtjump or freeride bike

Similar Products Used: trek 4500
    gogx   Weekend Warrior [May 12, 2006]
    Strength:

I have model 2006.all round bike.

rims

For price you pay, great choice.

Michael   Weekend Warrior [Oct 09, 2006]
    Strength:

Reliable all rounder. Hasn't given me any issues other than the tektro brakes. Gear shifts are always easy and reliable.

Brakes noisy and poor stopping power. Saddle not that comfortable for me.

i'm very happy with this bike which I use for commuting and taking for rides with my 3 year old. For this purpose it works great. it's a good all rounder and has never given me any mechanical problems.

I wasn't happy with the tektro v-brakes. They were noisy as hell and didn't stop me very well. I upgraded to AVid Single Digit 7's and they are like chalk and cheese.

I also replaced the headstem and handlebars so the bike was configured more like a road bike than a mountain bike as I commute to work with it. Ideally I should have got a road bike, but i needed a mountain bike to get my child seat onto it.

other than that it's a great bike for the money and i'm happy with it. REally, the only thing that needed to be done was perhaps change the brake pads and that would have been it.