Marin Indian Fire Trail XC Hardtail

Marin Indian Fire Trail XC Hardtail

6061 aluminum, new double-butted hydro-edged top and down tubes, new double butted 4-side seat and chain stays, disc specific

[Apr 06, 2009]
deejaudible

Strength:

Light as a feather, great components, climbs better then anything I've ever ridden.

Brakes are very loud out of the box.

I rode last years, and I like this years frame a little better, it absorbs the trails like a champ. I don't feel beat up like on most hard tails when I'm done riding.

2008 Marin Indian fire trail.

[Aug 14, 2007]
devin masterson

Strength:

This bike can climb, but it really excels on downhills. The combination of the fox f100 and the maneuverability(its a word) of the bike allow you to whip it through singletrack. It also has a low standover, which is nice. Fast I have won 6 races on it. ohh yah this bike can launch too.

Some of the stock parts are heavy. Paint could be better. White is sometimes a pain to clean

If you want a sweet looking bike that can back itself up on any trail especially singletrack, GET THIS BIKE. It makes me smile everytime I see something steep and crazy. It will do anything from trailbike to race bike to an occasional jump. I have raced this bike almost 20 times and have never finished less than 9th. IT'S FAST

stumpjumpers, motobecane(funk), soulcraft

[Apr 19, 2007]
Johnathan Clay

Strength:

This frame is extremely light as it is made of a magnesium-alluminum alloy composite. While it is light weight it has been structurely sound. I have put it to the test and laid it down quite a few times and the bike is still going. Good component set to start with on this bike. XT rear deraulier.

I am not too fond of the Shimano 520 pedals that came with the bike especially since this is a high-end cross country race bike. Crank brothers egg beaters or candies would have been nicer.
LIke wise I think Marin cut serious corners by using a stock sompany bar instead of a higher end light weight handlebar. The bike is expensive and thus deserving a better bar set from the start.

All in all I love this bike. There are probably some other bikes on the market that are better bang for the buck but I have enjoyed this bike and have no real serious complaints. This bike weighs in at sub 25 lbs from the factory and could easily be lightened with higher end components and a lighter wheel set (possibly UST tubeless, depending on the size fo the rider).
This bike was probably a little overkill for what I was needing as I am new to mountain biking but I have aspirations of racing for years to come and I feel this is a great investment that I can use for years to come.

Tested a Novara Pondarosa HT (REI) as well but perferred the Indian Fire Trail much more over that bike.

[Oct 09, 2007]
Mike Gore

Strength:

This bike is great. I race on it at lest 2 times a month, and it does great. The frame shaping (specifically the rear triangle) and oversized seat tube that holds the carbon post do a better job of erasing train thunks than any other hardtail I've ridden. The frame is extremely lateraly rigid, you can just hammer it. The comonents are one step below the best, meaning that they are light and strong, but cheaper than the full xtr or SRAM equivelant. I find that this bike is such a blast to ride, and serves well as a race bike.

Can't run more than a 2.2 rear tire, but what do you expect, it's an xc bike!

Its great. I've had no problems, and the bike fits me perfectly. It looks great, and performs well.

K2 zed 4.0