Lynskey Performance Designs Custom Frame XC Hardtail

Lynskey Performance Designs Custom Frame XC Hardtail

Level 1 frame only $2,995 Level 2 frame only $3,295 Level 3 frame only $3,895 Level 4 frame only $4,395

[Jun 28, 2011]
Furrner

Strength:

Custom bike = perfect fit and geometry. Handling and ride the way I want it.

Fantastic Customer Service (see below)

Developed a crack at the head tube/ Top tube weld after about 3 1/2 years of abuse.

I was looking for a bike based on the geometry of my favorite handling bike of all time in a frame material that would last me many years of hard riding. After being given the runaround for several months by Titus over a warranty replacement I decided to give the then relatively new Lynskey cycles a call to see what they could do as my riding season was rapidly disappearing. I emailed on the Friday (after close of business) before labor day 2007 and received a reply back from Jack within 30 mins with answers to my preliminary questions. Within a week we had the frame design finalized and the build had started and within 3 weeks I was picking the up the frame. The bike rode and handled exactly as I had hoped. I really can't think of a change I would make if I had to go through this process again other than to leave off the gear housing stops as it will forever be SS.

About a month ago I discovered a 3/4" crack in one of the head tube welds. An email to Jack and I had an RA number and the frame was stripped returned for repair. Four weeks and a day later I have it back looking like new. The crack repair is just about invisible, they have also installed new slider dropouts, a new head tube badge, seat collar and added a brace at the rear brake mount. No charge. Great customer service!

The Bottom line:

$3000+ is a lot of money for a frame, but spread that over the next 15 years or more and it starts to look a lot more palatable. The guys at Lynskey have been great to deal with whenever I have had the need to. The crack in the frame was a bummer, but the way they handled it and took care of it with no questions erases that. A friend had a seven month wait for his Dean to be repaired for a similar failure and was also charged $700(?) for what should have been a warranty repair.

Only four Chilis for value as it is a lot of money for a bike frame. Five chilis overall for the satisfaction I get from this frame and the great CS.

Highly recommended.