Look 986 XC Hardtail

Lightness, comfort and ease of use are the main features of this new model. Owing to the use of HM carbon fibres, in its mixed conception, single shell and tube to tube, the engineers have optimized the frame's weight. The 986 Pro Team bike effectively only weighs 9.4kg (in S size with pedals). The bases and the braces have a specific design that improves comfort. The new saddle stem and its elastomers allow filtering vibrations and absorb shocks, which usually increase fatigue as the kilometers go by. For Miguel Martinez Olympic champion in Sydney and four times world champion who took part in the development of the new frame, the 986 is astonishingly easy to use and comfortable.

Read the Pro Review on This Product Here>>

bobo   Cross Country Rider [Oct 10, 2017]
Strength:

this bike is something unique. Very well thought of and is evident during the ride. Climbs like a champ, is veeery comfortable in technical descents [ok not a downhill bike anyway], freaking light, super fun on singletrack where the bike really shows its pedigree without too much fanfare.

High price tag [initially as nowadays one can find many bargains in the 26 inch universe] but worth every last quid i yielded to build the thing.
Glossy surface is prone to abrasion, can be kept at bay with regular waxing but requires care anyway

Cannot but strongly recommend this bike to cross country lovers that enjoy the uphill. This thing climbs like no other. Also the frame is so well thought of that you can actually tell its virtues during the ride [where all other carbon frames i have ridden give you the feel of generality, this bike has character].

O.S.Rider   Cross Country Rider [Dec 31, 2010]
Strength:

This machine is very light, super comfortable in the cockpit and came loaded, I won it on an Ebay auction.

The seat post cutting to length is a scary one, I cut it like 5x. Also when the chain derails it screws up the carbon forks.

This replaced a 13 year old Specialized M2X for me, this thing is so fast and fun to ride, I give it a 10

sirshan   Weekend Warrior [Jan 11, 2010]
Strength:

Light, Stiff, Rare, Sexy...

Too Light sometimes, Bumpy...too light...

The bike is solid for XC Racers Im sure...I just wanted something different, fun and light. I got what I asked for and love it. The problem is that it can be too light at times...front lifts during climbing and feels a bit scary. Took it on some technical single track downhills and it was madness. Survived...but not sure I can compare it to anything I have experienced with a Hardtail since the last time I road something as bumpy and technical, I bombed through it with my Intense 6.6.

For XC, its great...easy bike to ride, light, stiff and is a dream machine for speed. I love the bike and will be keeping this bad boy for a while. I let a few folks ride it and the one common thing they all said...that thing is too light. LOL.

Similar Products Used: First TRUE Hard Tail for me...had a Trek 6700 a few years ago, but definitely a different class of bike. Other bikes used...Trek Fuel EX8, Intense 6.6
jesse   Cross Country Rider [Jun 23, 2008]
Strength:

looks super cool and is light-21lbs w/real grips and a Thompson stem-120, came w/100mm-stated 20.7lbs build

seat mast tends to push-most likely flexing, Reba fork could be stiffer-alot of flex in front end for me-6'1"/185lbs

a great bike, for the money you are right up there for alot of good ones-ride is hard, I enjoy the ride-light, stiff and super cool-never seen anyone else with one in my town

Similar Products Used: had Santa Cruz Blur XC-missed the feeling of the trail and having a light bike-I ride a LaPierre X-bike often on the same trails-could have gotten another full susser but don't see any w/soul