Kona Kula Supreme XC Hardtail

• Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio
  • Seatpost: Easton Carbon EC 70

[Jun 15, 2010]
bbaile11

Strength:

Climbing, corning, descending, accelerating, lite weight

NONE

Buy this bike if you want to improve your lap times and become a faster rider. You will love the way the bike accelerates with each turn of the crank. Climbing hill will no longer be your nemesis. This bike corners like it is on rails and changes direction like a mountain lion chasing an antelope.

Specialied Stumpjumper, IronHorse Hollowpoint, Specialized Epic, Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29

[Apr 08, 2010]
rmorballl

Strength:

SUPER LIGHT WEIGHT CLIMBER, TRACKS WELL, MOVES LIKE THE WIND. A MUCH FASTER BIKE THAN I HAVE EVER RIDDEN. BUY ONE IF YOU GET THE CHANCE!!!!

NONE

BUY ONE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. SUPER XC BIKE WITH A SUPER RESPONSIVE RIDE.

RITCHEY SUPERCOMP, BRIDGESTONE, OTHER HARDTAIL ALUMINUM FRAME BIKES

[Sep 16, 2009]
gab

Strength:

very stiff, great absorbtion

A great bike for everyone who wants to go fast!!!

I never rode a bike that was similar

[Jun 29, 2008]
MXSimps

Strength:

The Kula Supreme Scandium frame is really light and strong. It rides very similar to a steel frame, which is a major plus. You don't get the harsh feedback from the trail like you would with an aluminum frame. The bike accelerates well and climbs effortlessly. It may be hard to justify based on MSRP; just ride it and you'll be a believer.

None really. The steering is quick due to the racing geometry; this may be an adjustment for some riders.

This bike requires very little effort, gives the rider good trail feedback, climbs extremely well, and handles great. A super awesome weapon for any racer or avid weekend rider.

Jamis Hardtail. Specialized hardtail.

[Jun 22, 2008]
thiefkiss

Strength:

This 2008 kula supreme frame is a very ligh weight frame i have never used before. It can full perform your power onto your bike. besides it can safe lots of energy , I used it encircle taiwan for about 900km within 10 days. I never feel pain from my muscle of my leg

The printing of the frame easily to get dirt

n/a

hasa , GT zasker pro ,GT BMX

[Jun 02, 2008]
Sam Farrar

Strength:

Light, Stiff, Paint job!, Fast!!! Excellent Climber

Non!

This is one UNBELIEVABLY fast bike. Where I live there is nothing but steep climbs and tricky down hills and this bike concurs them all. Built out of scandium, this frame (07) weighs only 1325g all built up to an everyday 22lbs.

I am so chuffed with this frame, And so will you be if your thinking about getting this bike/frame.

If you want something Fast, light and racy Get this frame!

If your ambition is to do jumps then don't bother (not that it will snap, just because it aint a DJ frame)

Ibis Mojo Ti

[May 13, 2008]
James Ambagis

Strength:

This review is for a 2007 Kona Supreme scandium frameset. My Kula supreme is the best handling MTB I have owned, and I have owned several. The scandium frame jumps forward with each little pedal stroke, it handles great in technical singletrack, handles rocky terrain well, bunny hops over obstacles easily, and climbs like a motorcycle! This frame has a v brake option, so it has that going for it as well. Handles better than any Cannondale/Trek/Fort/Niner/Fisher/Spot/TET/Giant/Specialized frames I have owned in the past.

The 2008 frames are disc only, but that is what every manufacturer is doing these days and I need to convert to disc sometime, so . . . . .

Buy this bike if you want to push your XC race limits, have a nice light race bike, and want to feel every forward effort. Kona has unique geometry to the Norba standard of 71/73 and it works very well for me. The faster you ride, the better the frame handles. The framesets are very inexpensive for what you get. I got mine on closeout, but Bikeman sells the '08 frames for $525 not on clearance. Compare that to some other race frames and you will see what a value the Kona Supreme frame really is. I do not see myself riding any other XC race frame anytime soon. These frames are hard to find used because everyone who rides one wants to keep it.

Just about every hardtail XC frame known to MTBR

[Aug 13, 2007]
Mark

Strength:

Weight, Geometry, V-Brake bosses, THE RIDE!!!!

None yet...

This frame was purchased to replace a broken Explosif. Wow, this is a nice ride. I have yet to notice any of the "harshness" I was expecting from Aluminum (Scandium really). Climbs like it was just a mere extension of your body, and the overall feel and geometry of the bike is comfortable but still attacking in nature. I love the lime green of the 2007 model, and I also love that this frame is one of the few remaining ones to still have V-Brake bosses available- Thanks Kona.

Kona Explosif, Diamondback Apex

[Oct 17, 2007]
Dave Neal

Strength:

Super light. Clims like a champ. The SID front shock is an amazing XC fork. All XTR.

No disc brakes on the 2007. It works for me..but some are not into it

The bike is fast..and you pay for it. I keep this bike for my racing. My roommate who is a recreational rider couldn't believe that people would spend so much on a bike...until I let him ride it. He is now a believer. On rides where you usually are grunting up, this bike accelerates. The very first ride I rode on this bike was the innaugural 24 hours of Targhee and we took the overall champion spot. This bike made it easy.

I ride a single speed hardtail..but not comparison to the Kula Supreme