KHS Alite L XC Hardtail

mtbr   Weekend Warrior [Sep 06, 2012]

Frame seems like a good value for the money. Alivio RD-M430 rear derailleur worked very well for me even when I applied power during the shift. Front derailleur needed constant adjustment to keep the chain from rubbing on the sides of the guide. It weighs around 32~35lbs so that was a plus for me.

It wasn't too bad of a bike for a starter, better quality parts and frame than walmart type of bikes, it does need a better fork, and I'd go with Hydro brakes instead of mechanical, but at the same time you could step up to a better bike with those features already on it. No one seems to make a remote lockout that you can add to this fork, I checked a few LBS and there is no such luck. Stem extensions I think there are 1 or 2 of those available, the bike was sold to me under the thought that you could replace low end parts with high end parts and have a nicer bike, but in the end it came out as that was not true that you had to order some specific parts from the factory, the Cannondale and Trek LBS confirmed this, even the store I bought the bike from. :(

OVERALL