K2 Bike Zed Team XC Hardtail

Richard   Cross Country Rider [Feb 12, 2007]
Strength:

Its a very reliable bike in most of the ways.

The paint work doesnt resist harsh weather and use.

Well, this bike is one of the most reliable and safe I have ever rode. I rather this than the Trek equivalent.
I recommend this bike to the average cross country rider, not to the racers (altough it will do the job)

Similar Products Used: Specialized Rockhopper comp
Jorge   Cross Country Rider [Jul 02, 2007]
Strength:

I am rating the frame. Compact frame, not too expensive, supplied with headset

I do not like the supplied headset, sets your stem too high in relation to the saddle. Theframe size small is too small to allow you to insert and remove the water bottle easily.

By far the best frame I ever owned. K2 engineers developed a light frame, compact in the philosophy of “less frame” and more seatpost. The outcome is frame that gives you a comfortable and at the same time very maneuverable bicycle.

Similar Products Used: Trek 8500 frame, KHS Alite 1000 Frame
Gary Edmunds   Cross Country Rider [Dec 01, 2005]
Strength:

Lighter than a feather, strong as an ox!

No cable routing for hydros? Not a fan (personally) of integrated headsets.

This is, without doubt, the best $175 I've ever spent! A buddy of mine posted on a message board that he had one in his trunk that he'd been toting around for months and didn't know what to do with, so I scooped it up. Transferred the parts over from my Marin, and ended up with a 19lb wee beastie of a hardtail. It's FAST, nimble and agile, and tears up twisty singletrack for breakfast. Alas it sits idle most of the time since I still prefer my Turner, but in the warmer months she does double duty as a commuter where it's agility and weight comes in REAL handy (dodging in and out of cars in downtown DC makes singletrack look like an interstate!)

If you're looking for a quality hardtail, I can honestly say I haven't ridden any better than this.